PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Now into my first bowl ever of Petersons Irish Flake in an ugly panel pipe.
View attachment 96812

Well, I had to put my pipe down and leave right after writing this. I came back three hours later and relight the bowl. The taste was good but it appears as if Peterson's Irish Flake is made from discarded Space Shuttle silica ceramic heat shield tiles because it would just not stay lit.

So, now it's on to an old favorite, GH&Co Kendal Mixed in a James Upshall A Saddle Billiard.

A0DC7BD1-C3D8-41AE-B495-6C6CB6043ABB.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Bjarne Flake De Luxe in a straight smooth brown year 1948 Parker Super Bruyere patent 23 88/F bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough for one more bowl. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
1948_Parker_patent 23 bulldog..jpg

Bax Burley

Can't Leave
Jul 20, 2021
Pennsylvania
Newminster Norway mixed with Captain Black Gold in a Crown Manola Sandblast bent Apple/Brandy/fat bowled monster. I've somehow missed 20 pages of this thread! I've mostly been boring, just smoking a lot of the Captain on commutes, while my fancy jarred stuff sits at home, waiting to be smoked. I did just order some of the C & D Old Ones blends.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of D&R Penhooker in a straight brown sandblasted post-WWII family era Sasieni “Canadian” London Made with a sterling silver band with a tapered black vulcanite twin bore stem. Working and listening to The Saint.
Sasieni “Canadian”-blast_ss band.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
On a brilliant afternoon, sunny , cool and dry, I enjoyed a very satisfying smoke out under the gazebo. My pipe, a 1960s Comoy's Blue Riband 157 "Sit Easy" flat bottomed billiard, with exceptional grain, was filled with what one would naturally put in a straight grain pipe, Fred Hanna's Wilderness. A tall Bombay Sapphire G&T, chock full of bergs, accompanied the smoke nicely.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Watch City Blue Ridge Special in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to William Conrad in Gunsmoke.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Wilke No. 24 in a smooth straight brown 1949 Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Working and listening to Have Gun, Will Travel on the XM.
Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.