PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
A beautiful sunny Friday. I realized I have been so busy I really have not posted much of recent either in terms of pipes or tobacco. Today I have a day off so I thought I would take a my various small 'cutty' pipes out for a walk with some Warrior Plug. Its like the inverse version of 'foot long' sold by Subway, here we have a selection of true 19th century nose warmers which are not to be confused with those small cigar holders that people like myself wind up buying by mistake on Ebay late at night after a few sherbets! Well, the tobacco is self explanatory, the pipe is either very late 19th century or more likely early 20th century but certainly pre-WW1 picked up by me in Dublin of all places. My morning drink is a cup of French Press coffee whilst I ponder what I am going to consume for mass quantities aka breakfast!

thumbnail.jpeg

jerseysam

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2019
Liberty Township. OH
20200925_084720.jpg
A morning coffee and smoke..Sweet Vanilla Honeydew in a Becker (the German one). Don't have much experience with SVH....but for those looking for a good quality straight Virginia blend with light done topping this is pretty good.

I'm a Latakia /heavy Aro smoker....so just the worst, take opinion with grain of salt ?....I'd be fine if Sutliff jumped in and gooped this with Honeydew squeezings...but for those of you with refined tastes this is a nice blend that I don't hear come up a lot. Smokers looking to dip into straight Virginia world could do worse.

Jun 23, 2019
Brainstorming some blending ideas this morning as I suck down my black coffee and sip on this delectable VA/Per flake: Dan Tobacco (Treasure of Ireland series) Limerick in this Scottie Piersel morta chimney-dog.

6YXp9vih.jpg

They bill it as a Virginia Flake but it's most definitely spiked with a pitch of perique: sweet and figgy - a great flake comparable alternative to something like Elizabethan Mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.