PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner. I'm smoking Wilke Smoky Sweet Chocolate in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer billiard with a black ferrule and vulcanite stem in the military mount style. This blend will go on sale by the end of the week. Working on a review of this blend. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Pioneer meer billiard .jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A few minutes away from smoking first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Going to make some Community Coffee when I finish my current smoke.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Old Joe Krantz in a MM Cob. It may be blasphemous, but I don’t get it. I tried this a year ago and didn’t love it. Let it sit in a jar, and I think I still don’t like it. Dried, smoked slow, all the tips applied, it just taste like burnt nothing. I do like the tin note for what it’s worth. Oh well, that’s how we learn.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Rattray's Highland Targe in a Kaywoodie 93b. This was one of the first pipes I ever "restored." I did a really deep clean on it last week and it dawned on me that my initial cleaning of it was definitely lacking. This pipe was always a good smoker but it seems so much better.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have Cult Blood Red Moon in my earliest Eugène-Léon Ropp pipe, a Cherrywood with a Natural Horn Stem. It’s stamped “Bussang,” so, it’s very likely it was made at Ropp’s original workshop there between 1870–1893.

IMG_20221128_234349.jpg

There’s a natural notch on the right side. I believe this piece of wood was selected so that the smoker’s right index finger fits in that groove for a perfect grip.

IMG_20221128_234752.jpg

I normally hold pipes in my left hand (I’m a lefty), but, I switch to my right with this pipe because it fits a righty grip so comfortably. There’s a natural notch at the back for the right thumb as well.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of a freshly opened tin of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a smooth dark brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam 340 patent billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This is the same model as the Canadian patent 340, but for some reason, it seems to smoke a tad better. Probably just my imagination. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_340billard.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.