PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am part way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue in a post 2007 Castello straight brown Sea Rock KK US made in Cantu (Kimo) apple with a tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Going to work soon.
Castello_Sea_Rock.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
C&D Carolina Red Flake with Perique in a Peterson Newgrange Spigot 124 Fishtail.

I don’t know if it’s coincidental, I normally only dry the regular Red Flake 10 minutes, but this tin with Perique had a bit of moisture, so I dried it for an hour, which I would never think, that little of time would effect taste.

The flavors/taste are extremely mild, I can barely taste anything, just a wee bread, mostly slight cigar spice, that’s it.

I didn’t think it would be so light, then again, it’s not the strong tangy/tart smell of WCC Rouxgaroux.

I also wonder if the bare chamber of this Peterson is effecting flavors, I’ve only smoked it once with the chamber coating gone.

I’ll try a bowl straight from the jar, I’m not going to be able to smoked this dried, there’s no flavor, so sad... :(

BFC665E2-0C23-4857-A8C1-C960D47A2F3D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.