PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
More Glorious Condor green in the Pollock Clay.
Been to Buxton Crescent again yesterday for the guided tour. Bought loose bananas, lemons, pasta & sweets from Day Zero, 25g of loose Full Virginia Flake from Appleyard's & filled my water bottles at the drinking fountains. No plastic packaging!
Going to use the lemons for making elderflower cordial; a bit early for the elderflowers as they're just starting to come out.
Been litter picking & recycling again and drank the bottle of Madri beer I found while litter picking in Chesterfield. Got given a pint can of Kronenbourg 1664 as well. Not the first time I've been given a beer for my efforts; I think I've earned it!

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
Smoking Bengal Slices in a Dunhill Bamboo and watching the Braves - Mariners game.
Dunhill-Bamboo001.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
First try of Blackadder - my 50/50 Peretti Crown and Peretti Ebony mix... unfortunately, as I learned this morning with my Bayou Veermaster, allergies are still on me and apparently enough to render smoke nearly tasteless (again). Tis the season. :rolleyes: Interestingly, I find I'm more aware of the mouthfeel of the smoke. This was very creamy and 'rich' feeling of the smoke in mouth on the light. Comes from the Ebony to be sure, and it was surpisingly noticeable. Well.. I'll try to sip through it with my rummy grog whilst perusing some forms of the Calliopean and Uranian muses.
IMG_3879.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I need to smoke my Petersons more. I tend to save them for when I have more time but they really bring out the flavors of the tobacco better than my regular rotation pipes. Maybe the regulars need yet another cleaning. I just enjoyed the full subtle flavors of Lane 1-Q in the Erica System 302 with orific bit while listening to the mother screech owl go through trill scales with three of her young. Very pleasant smoke and the young ones are coming along well in cadence and pitch as their vocal chords get practice. The rain had stopped long enough for them to come out to practice. A great pipe, A good smoke and a free concert.... what more could one want on a rainy Saturday night ? 4-C red peach ice tea was my drink and now off to a late continental light dinner of clam chowder and a bit of left over salmon. I hope your evening is as enjoyable or better !

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
The dear friend who gave me the Sandahl in my avatar just went to be with the Lord, this evening.

Remembering him over a bowl of Smoker's Haven Our Best Blend in it right now.

20230520_194700.jpg

He had different tastes in tobacco than most of us do. He usually smoked P&C's "best of the rest" schlock and was happy as a clam.

Rest in peace and rise in glory, Fr. Bill. I miss you. Thanks again for the pipe.

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
The dear friend who gave me the Sandahl in my avatar just went to be with the Lord, this evening.

Remembering him over a bowl of Smoker's Haven Our Best Blend in it right now.

View attachment 222918

He had different tastes in tobacco than most of us do. He usually smoked P&C's "best of the rest" schlock and was happy as a clam.

Rest in peace and rise in glory, Fr. Bill. I miss you. Thanks again for the pipe.
Commiserations on the loss of your friend. May he indeed RIP.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two three quarter pound French cut pork chops with green beans and mashed potatoes dinner with a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.