PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
One more bowls of Sir Walter Raleigh. Another estate find pipe, a Belgravia 8 panel. The only reference I can find is to an affluent district in Central London, covering parts of the areas of both the City of Westminster and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. Bourbon as my drink.belgravia 8 panel.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sutliff Match Sobranie 759 in a Dr. Grabow Royalton bent bulldog without bead lines, easily my favorite Dr. Grabow pipe. The blend has gotten better integrated over time, with a few edges, but nice clarity and flavor. These Royalton bulldogs have disappeared from the new pipe inventory (so far as I can see), so I suspect a senior carver who did them has retired. It has my vote for best of the brand.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
First smoke of June (and a belated celebration of what would be my maternal grandmother's 100th birthday) is Peterson Connoisseur's Choice in my MM mini-cob. Although I do love this little guy, it may end up decaying from disuse once my Country Gentleman arrives next week.

Bird report: Common raven, California scrub-jay, White-breasted nuthatch, Hairy woodpecker, California towhee, House finch, and Oak titmouse. Looking forward to a visit with a pipe/cigar friend on Sunday, even though I have to brave a lunch with the in-laws first...it'll be worth it! Happy Shavuot (early).

Singularis

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2019
Wausau, Wis
Today’s pipe: my fantastic smoking machine, a Savinelli Tre rusticated 104. Packed well with my “summery English” home blend. Mostly red VAs with some Turkish Orientals and Latakia. But also has a good splash of stoved VA (507-S). Wow it really adds something! In general, I did a pretty smashing job with this blend. Perfect for a mild late spring day. 1C8A1818-150D-42EC-9375-59BAB19C9789.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead plug in a medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Rockies game and taking the night off of work to enjoy an evening of smoking.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Dublin.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.