PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City Blue Ridge Special in a 2012 smooth reddish brown medium bend Peterson 03 Red Spray apple silver spigot with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. I just read Chuck Stanion's article about Shelby Foote at the Smoking Pipes web site ,and was surprised to see me mentioned in regard to Foote's pipe tobacco, which was a mix of 2/3 EGR and at one time or another, various OTCs.
View attachment 86368
I too read the article and noticed your input on Shelby Foote's tobacco mix. Very impressive sir! I met Shelby some years ago at a Civil war discussion that he spoke at and he was a great guy.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
That has to be the worst name for an ale, but the pipe is gorgeous. A work of art.
Thank you, you’re not wrong about the name, thankfully it’s really nice brew. The Jima pipe is definitely a product of its time, when I first got it I remarked that the designer could have been the same person that came up with my grandparents 60’s dining room table and chairs, there’s a remarkable similarity.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Finally got around to trying this Julius Caesar I got myself on Father's Day. Unremarkable start but quickly began to develop subtle character. Unreliable parity of burn and a split, but then again this is a tough vitola to master. I would buy it again but not at MSRP.
IMG_20210628_091950.jpgIMG_20210628_094726.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.