PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Went to the Jamestown re-enactment at Murton Park yesterday, showed everyone my Jamestown clay but didn't smoke it due to the no smoking rule. Some of the re-enactors said they don't normally smoke but enjoyed a clay pipe of cherry tobacco in the evening after the site closes to the public.
A bit ironic that Jamestown's biggest export was King ? James I's biggest hate:)
All that Virginia tobacco would have been smoked in clay pipes then!
I tried on a 17th century helmet and got to stroke a sheep ??:)
Got a lot of booze bottles and cans from York, Chesterfield & Brampton yesterday; found 3 cans of beer ? & a can of cocktail while litter picking in York & Chesterfield!
Had a drink and a pipe with an Irish Traveller in York; he shared his bottle of cider with me and I gave him a clay pipe of baccy. He He was wearing a bandana and the Irish harp clay pipe made him look like a pirate!
A few people have given me things as a thanks ? for my hard work; I received a can of soup, a beer ? and some cigarettes / cigarillos for my efforts.
My mum's got me a waistcoat for the pirate festival next month at Matlock Bath; I look forward to trying it on!
Got my tricorn hat and a tub of Cornell & Diehl Pirate Kake to smoke in my clay pipes.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I really love Period Piece shows, have you watched Outlander?

Be well mate! ❤️
@PipeIT No not seen it; I haven't got Netflix...
Looking forward to this year's Pirate Mutiny; my Mum's bought me a waistcoat and I'm going to wear my tricorn hat & the bandana I made.
Got my Pirate Kake ready:)

Status
Not open for further replies.