*** What Are You Smoking?*** (July 2017)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter with a black vulcanite stem. Watching a documentary about the 1967 Red Sox.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About half way through this bowl of Stonehaven in a straight sandblasted pre-transition Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band and a black ebonite military bit.

archangel

Lurker
Jun 2, 2017
California
Right now my favorite tobacco is Gawith Hoggarth Brown Flake S. It has a good smell and taste. I like to mix a little of it with my other tobaccos so as not to use it all up right away. American Delight is another one I like. I also like Captain Black Royal. It is smooth and a bit mild compared to my other tobaccos. Verginia Gold Cherry Cavendish I also use as a mix, even though it is a cheeper (about $15 bucks for a 9 ounce bag) tobacco than the rest. I am about to buy Dunhill Morning smoke and their Night Cap. I want to give em a try.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking C&D Red Carpet in a medium bend 1983 Ascorti New Dear KS with a black acrylic stem. Watching the Yankees-Red Sox game.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Original Stonehenge in a 2002 IMP smooth full bend egg shaped meer with a black acrylic stem.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Black Irish X in the Savinelli 606.
jay-roger.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The new Stonehenge in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a pearl brown acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink for the rest of this day.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
JimInks, is the new Heine's blend worth a tumble? I have a tin of the original coming soon, and though the new one (I read) does not have the deer tongue, people still seem to like it. I am still looking for a regular by the pound blend.
Just finished Vauen the Shire in a Shire (brand) calabash (in shape only). Love this for the first time, but for $15 for less than two ounces I will probably not by stacks of tins. It rates high, though.
Edit - It was said that Heine's was a fave of Der Bingle. I wonder if this is more true than C&D Crooner Tales

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking C&D Crooner in the very first pipe I ever bought ($2.49) in 1974; a smooth three quarter bend Dr. Grabow Omega with a black vulcanite stem. This will get me to dinner time.
Cosmicbob: I like the new Heine's Blend (have smoked three tubs of it), which is actually several years old. They replaced the deer tongue with couramin because of the FDA a few years back. A friend sent me a small sample of the old stuff, and I like that even better. I guess it was you who bought that old tin from Pipestud, you lucky dog!
Dunno about Bing and deer tongue. I know he smoked Haywayd Mixture (an American English) because we have picture of him with a tin of it in the 1950s. I'll need proof before I believe the other stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.