PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michigan_Bill

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2021
Macomb County, Michigan
@Michigan_Bill Good pipe and tobacco choice. I was smoking GH brown twist in my Old Dominion Jamestown clay at the Sealed Knot Battle of Nantwich last weekend. Now smoking Special Virginia in a Pollock Irish harp clay. this baccy dates back to 1770 so it's very well suited to clays!
Now does Sealed Knot mean you are a Royalist or a Roundhead? (I know the Sealed Knot were a conspiracy against the Protector.)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking a bowl from a freshly opened pouch of year 2010 Amphora Original (Brown) in a straight smooth brown 2017 unbranded Upshall Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
James Upshall_Canadian_Unbranded.jpg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
The "Full Pete" did arrive today, and yes I'm going to give it a go! My first Peterson, and I'm callign if 'Full Pete' as is a System Spigot with that house rustication and P-Lip. Chose the 315XL calabash size because why fool around when you have a System pipe? Choosing what to have as a first bowl was a few minutes of contemplation, maybe one of the various Peterson blends down in the cellar? ..and then *of course why not* Peretti Prince of Wales which also showed up today, and is particularly characterized by including some "Irish tobacco" in the blend (whatever that may be). I am maybe hoping to find this pipe as a 'hot flake' pipe to preserve my tongue, but no need to be dogmatic. This pipe is going to 'get around' as I work it through a variety of experiences.
Here. We. Go!
IMG_3065.jpg

DesertDan

Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
Another day of "firsts".
First bowl in my new Stanwell Classic, first bowl of Country Squire "Sir James" tobacco and even lit it with my new 'Bengal Slices.' lighter. puffy

I really like this pipe and the tobacco is divine! Stayed lit to the end, burned to a fine grey ash and left no dottle.
It is a limited run and I bought 2 oz to try but I I'll be getting a few more before it's gone.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did some snacking, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Akoni808

Mar 17, 2022
O’ahu, Hawai’i
The "Full Pete" did arrive today, and yes I'm going to give it a go! My first Peterson, and I'm callign if 'Full Pete' as is a System Spigot with that house rustication and P-Lip. Chose the 315XL calabash size because why fool around when you have a System pipe? Choosing what to have as a first bowl was a few minutes of contemplation, maybe one of the various Peterson blends down in the cellar? ..and then *of course why not* Peretti Prince of Wales which also showed up today, and is particularly characterized by including some "Irish tobacco" in the blend (whatever that may be). I am maybe hoping to find this pipe as a 'hot flake' pipe to preserve my tongue, but no need to be dogmatic. This pipe is going to 'get around' as I work it through a variety of experiences.
Here. We. Go!
View attachment 198588
Welcome to greatness

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Now does Sealed Knot mean you are a Royalist or a Roundhead? (I know the Sealed Knot were a conspiracy against the Protector.)
@Michigan_Bill
See if you can spot the man smoking a clay pipe at 0:40; not me!
He blows an impressive smoke cloud - I can almost smell the pipe smoke. I wonder what baccy he's smoking???

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed another golden delicious apple, and am smoking well aged 4Noggins Bald Headed Teacher in a medium brown, smooth octagonal paneled bowl and shank, medium bend 2016 Tim West Book Keeper 6 with a black acrylic saddle stem. I wonder what the current McClelland-less version is like.
Tim_West_Bookkeeper.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Angler's Dream in a 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 egg with a smooth brown front and a black sandblasted back with a dark gold ferrule and black vulcanite stem in the military mount style. I may end the day with this smoke.
Stanwell_Antique_124.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.