PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Sweet pipe.
Hey thanks Deano. It’s a Kiko African meerschaum pipe. The chamber is slightly larger than most of my other pipes so it takes a bit longer to smoke a bowl. I just got it out of the cabinet as we finally have a sunny day here in southern Oregon and I felt like sitting outside to enjoy a longer pipe. Honestly it wasn’t THAT much longer of a pipe (I also didn’t pack it all the way to the brim) so I might have to put it in rotation with the other pipes I regularly smoke.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
I’m a home brewer as well. What ya brewing up? The wort coming off the mash tun looks amber or darker? It’s too cold this time of year in Idaho to brew.
It's a brown ale that is my wife's favorite. I named it after our dogs' initials, GMA brown, for Greta, Mathilde, and August. Only August is still around though (he's in my profile pic).

I usually brew lagers this time of year because my fermentation room is typically right around 55 degrees. I didn't have any lager yeast on hand though so I decided to brew the GMA. Fortunately I have a heater in the room to boost the temperature a little for ale fermentation.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
View attachment 197076

Revelation Match in my Peterson Sherlock Holmes - Mycroft.

This was my first time trying Revelation Match, which I bought after growing quite fond of C&D's Epiphany. Both claim to be Einstein's favorite blend, which I would claim too if I could. Who's to say?

I think that this Revelation Match tastes way more old-world than Epiphany, and they don't taste alike at all. There's an umami characteristic in this blend that's just captivating. The nicotine got to me by the end of the bowl but I'm excited to revisit this blend again! 4 stars!
I've smoked Revelation in every decade it was made from post WW2 until it was discontinued in 2004. Revelation Match is closer to the original than Epiphany, and certainly closer than what House of Windsor did to it by the late 1990s. The main difference between the original and the match is that the latter has a little stronger topping. But, it's the right flavor. @mso489 ... thought I'd include you in this comment since you mentioned the blend earlier today.

Briar Tuck

Lifer
Nov 29, 2022
Oregon coast
We finally had a couple of dry days here on the Oregon coast so I went out into the woods to do some winter mushroom hunting. My primary quarry was the Yellow Foot Chanterelle, also known as the Winter Chanterelle. They are small but often plentiful, and quite versatile for cooking. They dry superbly, which is how I process them for storage.

I took along my leather wrapped Kiko 45, which is old and weathered, like me. A perfect woods pipe, I think. I pre-packed it with Granger for a nice lunt through the woods.

DAFB8463-1E60-487B-907B-38B6C9E59C07.jpeg

5AD53130-D7D4-46B0-A30D-582C500CBF05.jpeg

The prize:

CCE72205-7995-4AE9-B2F3-D4CB013D8685.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.