PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Later in my pipe smoking day than usual, so instead of burley in a cob, it is Sutlff Virginia Slices in a Dunedin bullmoose. This is the first bullmoose I acquired, an estate my wife bought me for my birthday. It is much more like the other name I saw for this shape, a "Rhodesian prince", then the pipes now sold as a bullmoose.

atwaterville

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 15, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
Finishing off a bowl of SG Sam's Flake in a Rossi 811 this morning on the balcony.

This is the 5th bowl of Sam's Flake, and I am pleased to say I'm enjoying the blend quite a bit. It's a light and sweet VaOr, nice and simple. Once I finally got it nice and dry, it really opened up for me. Subtle baking spices with a tea note. Great blend.

View attachment 197008
I forgot that I have a tin of Sam's flake. I love the sweet and sourness of VaOr blends. The description of your experience makes me wanna crack the tin open today and try it.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Never miss his show.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
IMG_4064 Large.jpeg

Revelation Match in my Peterson Sherlock Holmes - Mycroft.

This was my first time trying Revelation Match, which I bought after growing quite fond of C&D's Epiphany. Both claim to be Einstein's favorite blend, which I would claim too if I could. Who's to say?

I think that this Revelation Match tastes way more old-world than Epiphany, and they don't taste alike at all. There's an umami characteristic in this blend that's just captivating. The nicotine got to me by the end of the bowl but I'm excited to revisit this blend again! 4 stars!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.