PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
I know exactly what you mean. M'lady and I rescued Suzy and Molly when they are little kittens, and had done that earlier with other cats we had owned. In the case of Suzy and Molly, we got a call from an acquaintance of m'lady who told she had two kittens that were going to be put down in the morning, and did we want to see them. We got there as fast as we could. While chatting, m'lady sat down, and Suzy climbed on her lap, purring and ready to nap. She said, "We have to take her home." I said, "If we are one, we are taking both." We made a very happy decision for all concerned.

Btw, Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave are spayed and neutered. I seriously doubt Shy Stripesy has, and as she is truly feral, she won't let me near her. We've fed her for almost two years, and she's still afraid of us. She had a brother who acted the same way, but he finally came around and grew to be very friendly. But, he disappeared last June, and I have no idea what happened to him.
Such a cute name "Tomato the Brave"! I love it!

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
View attachment 196993
View attachment 196994
This a a Marxman Royal with Gold Band and a saddle stem. Balkan Sobranie is in the large chamber.

The view from my street encourages me to Relax with a Marxman.
Mountains in the background, palms in the foreground and smoking Sobranie - I think your retirement is better than most of my vacations. (That’s without even considering all the word travel you’ve been doing)

You’ve worked hard and I know you put your time in in Missouri - enjoy it man!

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Mountains in the background, palms in the foreground and smoking Sobranie - I think your retirement is better than most of my vacations. (That’s without even considering all the word travel you’ve been doing)

You’ve worked hard and I know you put your time in in Missouri - enjoy it man!
It's taken about 18 months to start feeling "retired". Thank you for the kind thoughts. Your snow actually lands on the lawn, LOL. Mine is 8000 feet up.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Finishing off a bowl of SG Sam's Flake in a Rossi 811 this morning on the balcony.

This is the 5th bowl of Sam's Flake, and I am pleased to say I'm enjoying the blend quite a bit. It's a light and sweet VaOr, nice and simple. Once I finally got it nice and dry, it really opened up for me. Subtle baking spices with a tea note. Great blend.

PXL_20230124_162635353.PORTRAIT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.