PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking the last of my open stash of Ken Byron Ventures Bas Matica in a 1979 smooth brown large calabash briar 221-B Baker Street made in Israel with a black vulcanite stem and ferrule in the military mount style. Have a little bit in a small jelly jar which I will get to at a later date.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and my last smoke of the day is P&W Nut Brown Burley in a 2016 PSF POY quarter bend black sandblasted Vermont Freehand egg with an aluminum band and a tortoise shell colored acrylic saddle stem.

BSticks

Might Stick Around
Nov 22, 2019
Kellogg, MN
Latakia can be a love it or hate it thing for some. It can also be one of those things you don't like at first but slowly start to crave. I'd recommend letting it air out well, and trying again in a few days. If you still don't like it, try mixing a good pinch of Va in with it. Some folks hate heavy lat but appreciate it in small doses. Presbyterian got me started on Balkans and it has very little Lat. A little is like incense, bbq, or scotch, but a lot can be like a tire fire. One day you might wake up and crave that tire fire...
I have to say, I was quite wrong. This morning I gave the #20 another try. It made for a great morning smoke, and it pairs extremely well with coffee. I mixed a small pinch of of my virginia in with it. I can tell it is an acquired taste, but I see myself growing to enjoy it quite a bit. Ut doesnt burn nearly as hit as what I'm used to, which is quite nice. It makes for a very smooth smoke with a bold flavor. I may just be falling in love!

odobenus

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 15, 2018
Vermont
Capstan Blue in a BBB Own Make 694 square-shanked billiard with saddle stem. It's my son's 7th birthday, and I've been reading him LOTR, so this seemed a fitting choice. Frodo's just been captured by the barrow-wight. My son's reaction: "Tom Bombadil is very merry even in great danger."

Status
Not open for further replies.