Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Now smoking year 2008 Kramer’s Father Dempsey in an undated unbranded straight black sandblasted short shank billiard with a long black vulcanite tapered stem.
View attachment 128470
How would you say that ‘08 FD compares to today’s incarnation Jim? It’s a favourite of mine but I’ve often been curious how close C&D’s version is to the Original.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
St Bruno RR in a Roadtown bent apple. I feel like this pouch of St Bruno is the wettest tobacco I've ever smoked. I packed a bowl last night that I never got around to smoking, so I had it for breakfast today and it still barely stayed lit and it felt like it was steaming my tongue. So bizarre.
3-4 seconds in the microwave should do the trick, just leave it for a few minutes afterwards and see how it is and do another few seconds if necessary.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
That is a beauty! I hope it provides you with many years of great smokes. I also collect rare books and I can definitely say that with books, as well as pipes, there are many I regret not buying but not one, pipe or book, that I DO regret buying.
It's funny ... your name being Rob, being in New York, and smoking pipes reminded me of a friend of mine that I've been out of touch with for too long (life gets in the way of the best of intentions). It's even more amazing to me that you collect rare books. It makes me associate you with my friend even more. My friend had a book store in Manhattan and dealt in rare books. He closed the location and moved into another one that was combined with another shop (might've been a plant store?) several blocks north of the old store. I tried stopping in several times, but I could never find it. What kinds of books do you focus your collecting on? I collect art books and modern first editions and have very in-depth collections of at least two authors (probably more by normal people's standards).

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
It's funny ... your name being Rob, being in New York, and smoking pipes reminded me of a friend of mine that I've been out of touch with for too long (life gets in the way of the best of intentions). It's even more amazing to me that you collect rare books. It makes me associate you with my friend even more. My friend had a book store in Manhattan and dealt in rare books. He closed the location and moved into another one that was combined with another shop (might've been a plant store?) several blocks north of the old store. I tried stopping in several times, but I could never find it. What kinds of books do you focus your collecting on? I collect art books and modern first editions and have very in-depth collections of at least two authors (probably more by normal people's standards).
That's a lot of coincidence! I wish I could have visited his store. I spend a bit too much time on the third floor (rare book room) at Strand. I'm almost part of the furniture there, too. I also collect modern first editions, signed if possible, limited editions and anything that piques my interest. One of my favorite, although not near the most pricey, is a British slipboxed, flat signed, hand numbered limited edition of 250 of Clive Barker's first novel "The Damnation Game". It's always great to encounter a fellow book collector!

Status
Not open for further replies.