PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Mark, stop being a pussy. The only Cuban cigar worthy of taking on the golf course is the Quintero Brevas It is as strong as any Cuban, they can take a beating when you lay it on your send wedge after spending three shots in there.

I don't know if you remember but for some strange reason i believe you really liked them especially for 55 bucks for a bundle of 25. They are machine bunched and hand finished, and if they don't put hair on your chest nothing will. It is also the perfect size a corona that isn't too big or too small. I was getting mine from Cigarsofhabanos or Rony at Promo. My memory is so bad but I seem to remember you really liking them. Something about you kissing my ring for the hook up is still in my addled brain.
Your memory had clearly completely failed you Harris. Those Quintero dog tickets were outright blue. Treated like a Marlboro the dog o is Edom and left 5 days in the hot sun to dry.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I’m smoking a bowl of Anthology, and reminiscing about good times spent with my Dad. I’ve spent the weekend in the critical intensive care unit, after my father suffered a massive heart attack Friday evening. All four arteries were blocked, and he’s not a candidate for bypass surgery. A pump was installed in his heart to keep him alive until they could attempt to “rooter” a couple arteries and install stents. We were told to hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. The surgery was a success and we still have him with us. He’s not out of the woods by any stretch, but we now have hope, and that’s what we’re clinging to. If anyone here talks to the man upstairs, and is so inclined, please send one up for my Dad.

View attachment 163016
Your Dad and you and your family are in my prayers ! Wishing him a speedy return to full health. ?

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Today a bowl of 50/50 Rivendell and Old Toby in the newly recoated Barontini 1/2 spigot. The pipe stayed fairly cool this time. But a second bowl in the Savinelli EF 128 Billiard confirmed that I cannot handle Burleys. This batch of Rivendell has too much Burley for me and it makes me gag a bit ... too hot, tongue bite, headache, ... the first two batches were fine. Now I come to realize my favorite Old Toby also has burley in it too but I guess all the sugar coating tones it down to tolerable for me. Live and learn and move on. Maybe I will let it age awhile and revisit in the future. I probably won't be ordering burleys in the future (except Old Toby). ☹️?

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Long night ahead can’t sleep too many thoughts going around in my head , so starting off with a bowl of Rattrays Old Gowrie in a Savinelli Gaius 320.
Been there myself many a nights.

I hope you can ease your mind and put the thoughts to rest.

"Whatever it takes to get through night, whether a prayer, tranquilizers or bottle of Jack Daniels." - Frank Sinatra

Status
Not open for further replies.