PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Marlins game. They are playing a double header today.
Molina_Apple.jpg

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Marlins game. They are playing a double header today.
View attachment 162582
I grew up in atlanta and went to innumerable braves games with my father. They used to have a deal every Tuesday nights - 2 nosebleed seats for $8. This was even as recent as the early 2000s. Of course the stadium was so empty on most Tuesday nights that you could just March right on down to the third base line without being harassed by ushers about only having nosebleed seats. It’s sad to see some of the ticket prices rise to a price that can make it financially uncomfortable for the average family to go enjoy a ballgame. I went to game 1 of the world series in 1999 to watch my beloved braves lose 1-0 on a frigid night. El Duque pitched a shutout. Go Braves!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed five freshly made egg, ham and cheese biscuits with a strawberry muffin for dessert. I'm half way through the last of this tin of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Smoking Pipes to bring back this model. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I grew up in atlanta and went to innumerable braves games with my father. They used to have a deal every Tuesday nights - 2 nosebleed seats for $8. This was even as recent as the early 2000s. Of course the stadium was so empty on most Tuesday nights that you could just March right on down to the third base line without being harassed by ushers about only having nosebleed seats. It’s sad to see some of the ticket prices rise to a price that can make it financially uncomfortable for the average family to go enjoy a ballgame. I went to game 1 of the world series in 1999 to watch my beloved braves lose 1-0 on a frigid night. El Duque pitched a shutout. Go Braves!
I know exactly what you mean. I've been to 50-60 MLB games. As a former semi-pro baseball player, I love being on the field, or at least in the ball park. But, the prices they charge for a decent seat today is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.