Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Samuel Gawith: 1792 Flake in a Meer...​

phqcfCw.jpg

VDL_Piper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Morning to all you magnificent pipe smokers. Up early, beat the sun again today and now I’m watching the big red ball poke over the hills to kick off another day. Todays smoke is EMP in my little Eltang Basic as I watch the frost melt, grass grow and the cows graze. Mother Nature is putting on a show today and she’s beautiful.
A472085E-615E-424F-BF2D-07B5867E9755.jpeg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Not to be confused with schmekel, I presume.
:LOL: That's a different kind of "smoking."
A schmek tabac is a small amount of tobacco, like a whiff of tobacco, sometimes referring to snuff.
When I was a kid, I would go over to my best friend's house so we could watch "Kukla, Fran and Ollie" (he had the only TV on the block), and his dad would exclaim to his wife, pipe in hand, in his best Yiddish, "Sherl, I'm goin' out back to have a schmec tabac, while the kids watch this mishegoss."
I learned quite a bit of Yiddish back then being one of the few goyim in the 'hood.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
:LOL: That's a different kind of "smoking."
A schmek tabac is a small amount of tobacco, like a whiff of tobacco, sometimes referring to snuff.
When I was a kid, I would go over to my best friend's house so we could watch "Kukla, Fran and Ollie" (he had the only TV on the block), and his dad would exclaim to his wife, pipe in hand, in his best Yiddish, "Sherl, I'm goin' out back to have a schmec tabac, while the kids watch this mishegoss."
I learned quite a bit of Yiddish back then being one of the few goyim in the 'hood.
When i was in jr high there was only 2 Jewish kids, myself and Jon herstien, my family wasn’t practicing other than the high holidays but no nearly as strict as his family, one of those days i went over to his house to hang out and when we were about to go out and ride our bikes his father said on no you boys will stay in until sunset then you can go out, Adam I’ll call your mother and let her know where you are. I was pisssssed! And yes the days before video games, not that we would have been allowed to play them anyway. Needless to say i never went to his house again ?

Wessex Dark Flake in the Savinelli Trevi

3FE20E3B-DCF3-4334-B83E-CACEC126047C.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of year 2016 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Mets game.
Barling_249.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.