PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just past the half way mark on this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Working on a private art commission for a friend.

Jun 23, 2019
Early 20th Cent. unknown maker + Cornell & Diehl BAYOU MORNING FLAKE:-

View attachment 41374

View attachment 41375

What an exceptional pair. I've been hunting for a cutty with similar proportions. These are truly beautiful, congrats and enjoy!

- - -

Had the sudden urge to reach for some Orientals before I turned in tonight: SG Sam's Flake in this Scottie Piersel pencil-shank dublin -

vj2IMehl.jpg

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
How do you like the Savinelli 140? The jury’s still out for me...
I’m in love with the stuff. I really enjoy European style blends with the floral notes so this one is right up my alley. It’s sweet with a whisper of smokey undertones and a touch of citrus/wild flowers. I’m not obviously tasting the orientals though. I hope it ends up growing on you. I think it’s a fantastic blend, however, I wish they were just a bit more heavy handed with the floral topping but it’s still a winner in my book.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@halfdan just in case you fancy an evolutionary step up in 'Clay Pipe World' you might want to search these guys out from Germany as they make an excellent clay pipe with a modern stem, aluminum band which acts as a heat exchanger and makes it really easy to clean. Just a thought my friend......

View attachment 41242
Looks a nice pipe, did you actually smoke it?
Where did you get it from?
Are they any less fragile than regular clay pipes?

Status
Not open for further replies.