PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Getting an early start on my birthday with Sutliff Match Victorian in my Stefano Santambrogio bent Rhodesian. This is my only 9mm pipe, and I decided to throw in a 9mm -> 3mm adapter on my last SP order just to see what it would smoke like. So if there's another bullshit balsa shortage in the future, this pipe will not be decaying from disuse.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Stelller's jay, Dark-eyed junco, Common raven, Red-tailed hawk, California towhee, and Mountain chickadee.

Anyone ever look into who else shares your birthday? It's always the most random assortment of folks...like Ethel Merman, Idi Amin, and Copernicus, or something like that. Weird.

Anyway, tomorrow I plan on breaking in not one but two pipes, my MM Dagner (almost typed "danger," as in Austin Powers' middle name) Poker, and my Savinelli Porto Cervo 122 bent pot, with two of my three open Drew Estate blends, Harvest on Hudson and Gatsby Luxury Flake respectively. I cracked the GLF tin yesterday to give it some breathing time...what a spectacular tin note. Like a really earthy, bready Capstan. Cob will be my golfing companion, and wifey is cooking my favorite meal for dinner, eggplant parmesan. GLF in the new Sav will be my after dinner smoke. Wish me luck on the course, and please beware of flying, spherical alabaster objects, regardless of how far away from Southern California you may be (my long iron play needs some work).

stefano.jpg

porto cervo.jpg

Smoke Wagon

Can't Leave
Dec 3, 2022
Getting an early start on my birthday with Sutliff Match Victorian in my Stefano Santambrogio bent Rhodesian. This is my only 9mm pipe, and I decided to throw in a 9mm -> 3mm adapter on my last SP order just to see what it would smoke like. So if there's another bullshit balsa shortage in the future, this pipe will not be decaying from disuse.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Stelller's jay, Dark-eyed junco, Common raven, Red-tailed hawk, California towhee, and Mountain chickadee.

Anyone ever look into who else shares your birthday? It's always the most random assortment of folks...like Ethel Merman, Idi Amin, and Copernicus, or something like that. Weird.

Anyway, tomorrow I plan on breaking in not one but two pipes, my MM Dagner (almost typed "danger," as in Austin Powers' middle name) Poker, and my Savinelli Porto Cervo 122 bent pot, with two of my three open Drew Estate blends, Harvest on Hudson and Gatsby Luxury Flake respectively. I cracked the GLF tin yesterday to give it some breathing time...what a spectacular tin note. Like a really earthy, bready Capstan. Cob will be my golfing companion, and wifey is cooking my favorite meal for dinner, eggplant parmesan. GLF in the new Sav will be my after dinner smoke. Wish me luck on the course, and please beware of flying, spherical alabaster objects, regardless of how far away from Southern California you may be (my long iron play needs some work).

View attachment 218032

View attachment 218033
Happy birthday!

BCF

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 23, 2022
Pennsylvania

View attachment 218032

View attachment 218033
Happy birthday!

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
I had some Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake. This is several firsts for me. First blend I've smoked that I couldn't detect any PG, first blend that wasn't ready rubbed, also the first VaPer I've had though not first with perique since Sutliffe Medium English has some too. I haven't smoked nearly enough to be able to discern what leaf is giving a particular flavor in a blend, but LNF is tastes pretty good. The only thing I don't like about it is I found it very difficult to pack and keep lit, the long strands remind me of PS Turkish. That frustration is well worth the effort though since the flavor is so good, so I'll have to start experimenting with different packing methods and drying times.

SWR has kinda spoiled me since it's so easy to pack and keep lit, although I think my pouch is a bit over dried and it probably doesn't have all the flavor it's supposed to. That's just the perils of buying from a shop that mostly sells cigs and dip. I'll always have a soft spot for SWR since it was my first blend.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org
Soooo happy to see the toon army happy after the tribulations of recent seasons. Excellent coach, solid recruitment, and some scintillating footie. I almost took my shirt off in solidarity.
I'm still enjoying the 2021 Old Gowrie, though I won't smoke it from a 320 again.
It's been a rough bit for the Toon Army.

TN Jed

Lifer
Feb 3, 2022
Franklin, TN
www.battlefields.org

View attachment 218032

View attachment 218033
Happy Birthday! May your "birdie" hunt be successful.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Time for an aperitif...and my next attempt at recreating Dunhill's The Aperitif. This time is 2 parts Lancer's Slices to 1 part St James Park, pressed not too hard for 5 days and now in a jar. Another week or two or more in the jar may do more, but hey, just pressed, let's see! In the 6 panel bent lattice meer, and some entertaining reading in this (larger-than-life?) autobiography. 🤠
IMG_3661.jpg
("Bring 'Em Back Alive" is a fantastic read!)

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Had a very busy day, but things have finally slowed down until I go to work. Lunch was a double meat pastrami sandwich with fries (haven't had either in forever) with a slice of apple pie for dessert. Smoked lots of tobacco today, too. Had a large pepperoni pizza and two slices of extra cheese pizza for dinner with a hot fudge sundae and an oatmeal raisin cookie for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side.jpg

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Had a very busy day, but things have finally slowed down until I go to work. Lunch was a double meat pastrami sandwich with fries (haven't had either in forever) with a slice of apple pie for dessert. Smoked lots of tobacco today, too. Had a large pepperoni pizza and two slices of extra cheese pizza for dinner with a hot fudge sundae and an oatmeal raisin cookie for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 218050
Ok who is this, this is not @JimInks .. fess up what did you do with Jim?

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin

View attachment 218032

View attachment 218033
Birthday Pipe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.