PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Good morning, I just got some Germain’s RJ Perique which I’m trying in a Longchamp bent billiard covered with black leather (it’s my Fonze Pipe) I’m finding this a little bitter but that could be me.
I put a order in with smokingpipes yesterday, a great site but they seem to spend more time describing what’s on the label or behind the name than the actual tobacco. image.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I mixed a few ozs of tobacco in my big Sterlite mixing bowl and hydrated it with the peel of a navel orange for a few hours.
I mixed PenHooker with Big 'n Burley, about 65/35.
I'm about to smoke a bowl in a MM Morgan with an overall length of 7" because I'm using a modified og cobbit shire (vulcanite) stem.
This mix tastes great and is fine as is, but I will likely tinker with it before it's all gone. I'm thinking of adding some Ramback. Just a handful.
(I have some Ramback Balkan, but not a whole lot, and I can't get it anymore...sheesh, one of their last blends for me to get to and poof.)

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Cloudy, rainy, cold out. I’ll brave it for a walk eventually, but I’ve spent the morning clearing space in the “cave” for a new computing workstation (yeah, I know, old school).

I’m halfway through a pot of Leelanau Roasters Kenya, and a Stanwell Trio 86 is the pipe of the day.

056130EC-1D38-4FE4-A355-3116BD1FD5B4.jpeg

(Seen here resting between smokes.) After a bowl of Peter Stokkebye Amsterdam No. 83, followed by a bowl of Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, I’m just starting up on a load of Rattray’s Exotic Passion. This will leave a fun ghost to play with later.

Status
Not open for further replies.