Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I haven't tried C&D Derringer yet, I just bought a Falcon pipe though and am waiting for it to arrive, any recommendations on what kind of tobaccos to break it in with?
I use burley blends for the initial break in. They leave a sticky residue on the walls of the bowl that small amounts of ash attach to and coat the bowl. There are certainly other opinions re this but that's what I do. Virginias seem to take longer to break in a bowl in my opinion. Enjoy your Falcon. They are great pipes. Derringer has become my everyday smoke. Robust flavor and delightful aroma. Welcome to the forum!

Zepfan84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 10, 2021
Wilmington, N.C.
I use burley blends for the initial break in. They leave a sticky residue on the walls of the bowl that small amounts of ash attach to and coat the bowl. There are certainly other opinions re this but that's what I do. Virginias seem to take longer to break in a bowl in my opinion. Enjoy your Falcon. They are great pipes. Derringer has become my everyday smoke. Robust flavor and delightful aroma. Welcome to the forum!
Thank you! Thanks for the advice as well, I broke in another pipe with Virginias and it did take quite a while.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, cobia and sugar snap peas dinner with a small scoop of Mint Cookie ice cream. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of old Player’s Medium Navy Cut in a 1930s small, straight smooth dark brown Irish Free State K&P (Peterson) billiard with a silverish cap military mount and tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Irish Free State Pete_billiard_1935 copy.jpg

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Excited to have resupplied myself with copious amounts of Gawith Hoggarth tobacco. I'm happy to find them rich and full of flavor and depth, unlike many of the recent Samuel Gawith facings I tried.

Brown Flake Scented in a Kasskar (an old London brand) stack billiard. Long live the Gawith enterprise!

IMG_20210414_212620.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.