PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
What do you think about Picayune? It was the first blend to ever bitch slap me?!

I'm in two bowls, its pretty good stuff. No bitch slap yet, maybe on an empty stomach it would get me. To use a phrase from @hauntedmyst it "ghosted my mouth". I smoked a bowl of PA after, and had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't still smoking the picayune. Haha

J.Henry845

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
MacBaren Burley London Blend re-release in a MM Country Gentleman. I left the pipe packed overnight and the topping faded noticeably making the blend quite better in my opinion.

The older version seemed very lightly cased compared to the re-release, but I only smoked the original release with 5+ years of age. Is Golden Extra comparable to the older London Burley?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Whiskey Twist in a Meer...
PZcKZY5.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
MacBaren Burley London Blend re-release in a MM Country Gentleman. I left the pipe packed overnight and the topping faded noticeably making the blend quite better in my opinion.

The older version seemed very lightly cased compared to the re-release, but I only smoked the original release with 5+ years of age. Is Golden Extra comparable to the older London Burley?
No, it isn't. GE is sweeter with more Virginia than BLB, and less chocolate. You might like it better. Some do.

Status
Not open for further replies.