*** What Are You Smoking?*** (April 2018)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of McCranie’s 1983 Red Ribbon in an unbranded '70s Charatan smooth straight Billiard with a black vulcanite stem.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke #515 in a 2003 IMP horn Meer with a black acrylic stem. Watching the Dodgers-D-Backs game.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Last smoke of the evening. Tabac Manil - La Brumeuse (Pure Semois) in a Castello vergin billiard.

slowroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2017
Just fired up my elf stack full of GH Kendall Dark. I'm smoking a lot of this dark fired Kentucky weed lately.
20171124_231712.jpg

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
I have been absent from here for most of this winter. I've done a lot of things beside smoking my pipes but now spring is showing its face and I realized that I really miss my pipes and I really miss all of you guys as well!!this community is indeed something special!
First pipe of the year was my little ropp etudiant loaded with Carter hall and it was lovely! I'm glad to be back!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Just had the "Condor Moment" opening a fresh plug! Now enjoying some in a Meer Cutty...

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
Same old McClelland Dominican Glory / Comoy Cask 11 in the same old Saint Claude stack billiard (saddle bit).The two complement each other very well.

This the last of a tin of Cask 11 that I picked up in a cigar bar on the island of Guam,in the Tumon district in 2014.

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
MacBaren Acadian Perique in the same no name Italian billiard That I rescued from EBay.This Pipe had a 90% build up of cake in the chamber.I pared that down,completed the tenon repair that had been started by a previous owner,sanded off the lacquer layer down to the grain.Restained it light brown,sanded a little more up to a 2000 grit.cleaned up the stem in the same manner,then polished every thing on the wheel with carnuba wax,and various compounds for the stem.Now it looks great.Yes,I opened up the smoke channels in the shank and tenon as well.In my opinion,opening up these channels makes a huge difference in the smoking qualities of a pipe.I am now going to “smoke the hell out of it” in order to test my JB Weld tenon repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.