Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Charles Bukowski's Post Office.

Great thread. Enjoy learning what you guys are reading. Cheers! :puffpipe:

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Reading book 4 of the George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series (aka game of thrones series). Once I'm done with that I need to pick up the latest edition to the Wheel of Time by Sanderson. I just hope he finished up Jordan's masterpiece series.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Finally getting around to reading Robert Graves', The White Goddess (A Historical Grammar of Poetic Myth).

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Still no mods around?
Well, if we are to have two identical threads going on, I'll be a post whore, I'm reading a self study guide to take the Technicians Exam for Ham Radio.

atboth

Might Stick Around
Dec 7, 2012
Currently reading Ranma ½ in the Chinese translation from the early nineties, hand in hand with the Chinese-English Dictionary by Chik Hon-Man and Ng Lam Sim-yuk published the Chinese University Press (Chinese University of Hong Kong). Up to volume seven. The zaniness mounts.
[Note: the Chinese translation was done years before the English translation. I've got the entire set in Chinese, but only a dozen volumes in English.]
When I can't fall asleep late at night I grab at random under or next to the bed, usually fishing-up a cookbook or a dictionary. That's always good for a few hours.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
"Flags of the Forgotten: Nationalism on the Celtic Fringe", by William Greenberg. Interesting slim volume on the growth of nationalism in the Celtic lands of the UK. It covers mostly Scotland and Wales,although there are chapters on Man and Cornwall as well.

seaninkitale

Lurker
Nov 25, 2012
I am currently reading "From Eternity to Here" by Frank Viola, Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina" (having a slow go with this one), and Francis Chan's "Crazy Love". Not sure which classic book I will do next, but thinking about a Holmes book that I can smoke a few bowls of Sherlock while reading.

hunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Canada
I just finished A Memory of Light, hell of a book that ends a hell of a series. Fantasy isn't for everyone but for those that love it, The Wheel of Time is 14 books and a novella you want to look into.
I will finish up Liberating Atlantis and Stranger in a Strange Land most likely... them maybe move onto Why I hate Canadians by Will Ferguson or reread Dune.

Status
Not open for further replies.