PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philosopiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2021
Almost done with the short I and Thou by Martin Buber. He says there are two basic words, "I-You" and "I-It". To say the second is to approach the world in terms of means and ends, to relate to people as mere things. To say the first is to stand in a personal relation to the world and others, that lies beyond the sphere of means and ends; to relate to others as persons.

Many philosophers have said this kind of thing. But Buber has his own spin on it all.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA

Got me curious— Evidently Jung liked Granger.
I also read that recently! I have a tub of Granger sitting in my Smokingpipes basket. I'm hesitant to buy a whole tub, but it's only $30-ish. I'm also keeping my eye out for a similar Falcon International pipe!

Reactions: Philosopiper

Philosopiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2021
I also read that recently! I have a tub of Granger sitting in my Smokingpipes basket. I'm hesitant to buy a whole tub, but it's only $30-ish. I'm also keeping my eye out for a similar Falcon International pipe!
Heads up, bear— there’s a 7oz now on SP. I’ve got it on my wishlist.

Reactions: sittingbear

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just starting "The Bomber Mafia" by Malcolm Gladwell, about Carl L. Norden and the bomb site he developed for the Army Air Corps, that bombardiers had to tote to and from the airplanes for security and were pledge to destroy if the plane went down.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This recent release has had high praise. Pretty interesting 20% in. A coming of age story told thru a Vietnam vet, and a High school senior in 1979, who now has a son,who is a graduating HS senior. (when I graduated and my father was a Vietnam vet, trying to figure our life after a career in the Army)

1633438916296.png

Status
Not open for further replies.