PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I am taking a short break from my PerryMason/Nero Wolfe sequence to read a "A Study in Charlotte" by Brittany Cavallaro. The first book in a witty, suspenseful new series about a brilliant new crime-solving duo: the teen descendants of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson. Light stuff but a pleasant read.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I'm almost through the Cambridge Companion to the Aegean Bronze Age. I ordered it on a whim hoping it wasn't too academic, as I'm a complete lay person on the subject matter. Not surprisingly, I was instantly bored by the minutiae of the pottery differences between the various identified sub-periods, but being written as a general survey it's easy to skip down to the conclusory paragraphs to get the big picture. If I ever go to Greece, a side trip to Mycenae or Pylos will be on the itinerary.

RonB

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2021
Southeast Pennsylvania
I'm still working on finishing The Prize, about the history of oil. Finished Bryson's One Summer which was great. I just started re-reading Patrick O'Brian's The Fortune of War for the sixth time over 20 years. It's like getting together with an old friend every time I re-read O'Brian.

Reactions: crawdad and kcghost

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
81Sz2+638pL.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The first of his books I've read, and only a couple of chapters in, but very interesting and engaging so far...really like his writing style.

UNKNOWN EMPIRE
THE TRUE STORY OF MYSTERIOUS ETHIOPIA AND THE FUTURE ARK OF CIVILIZATION
By Dean W. Arnold

• Wow
Reactions: olkofri

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
The first of his books I've read, and only a couple of chapters in, but very interesting and engaging so far...really like his writing style.

UNKNOWN EMPIRE
THE TRUE STORY OF MYSTERIOUS ETHIOPIA AND THE FUTURE ARK OF CIVILIZATION
By Dean W. Arnold

Are the claims true? Isn't Mt Ararat in Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.