Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
51lV8lssqeL.jpg

vates

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2019
At the moment I'm reading... let me check it... 7 books simultaneously. Not very efficient, I know.
The one that's being opened a bit more often than others is:

Reactions: Bowie

bmdfm

Lurker
Jan 13, 2013
Newport, New Hampshire
A lot of my reading these days takes place on my lunch break at work, so I tend to read a lot of short stories and shorter novels that don't take me forever to get through. Some favorites have been, "Murganstrumm and Others" by Hugh B. Cave, and some of the horror/weird fiction novels and short stories of Basil Copper. Recently finished up "Jamaica Inn" by Daphne du Maurier and am moving on to some more Agatha Christie. Reading "The Christmas Pudding" right now, but have read quite a few others, mostly novels. Kind of silly and a far cry from what I would consider to be great reading, but kind of fun all the same. I find these books work well when I only have 15 to 20 minutes at a time to read.

Reactions: Bowie

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
John von Neumann, by Norman Macrae, a biography of one of the 20th century's greatest mathematicians, whose brilliance is said to rival the likes of Einstein. The Wikipedia entry is probably a more worthwhile read than this biography.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.