PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Gravity by Tess Gerritsen. I thought this was the book the movie was based on, but it's not. This is quite different and much better! I'd read some of her other books, like the ones that the Rizzoli and Isles TV series were based on.

Reactions: Mortamyhr

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Those must be fantastic!
They are quite good, if you like the outdoors. I can see how to some they may be boring, but for those of us who like to be out there it is basically a portal into paradise. I also spent a lot of time Caribou hunting in that area in my youth, so being familiar with the territory probably makes it more interesting, IDK.

They are all available from Alaska Geographic, and I'm sure his more famous one (One Man's Wilderness) is probably findable elsewhere for cheaper. But honestly I am enjoying the second volume (1974-1980) more than I did OMW. They have a few of his DVD's as well.

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
They are quite good, if you like the outdoors. I can see how to some they may be boring, but for those of us who like to be out there it is basically a portal into paradise. I also spent a lot of time Caribou hunting in that area in my youth, so being familiar with the territory probably makes it more interesting, IDK.

They are all available from Alaska Geographic, and I'm sure his more famous one (One Man's Wilderness) is probably findable elsewhere for cheaper. But honestly I am enjoying the second volume (1974-1980) more than I did OMW. They have a few of his DVD's as well.
I need to check them out. I've watched Alone in the Wilderness many times. Love that his cabin has been preserved.

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
Well, yes, what they do to the kids is deeply disturbing. Horror, for sure. I also have a kid, but so far, managed to keep it separated. There's just some kind of distance in the book for me that keeps it from coming home.

I guess I was looking for something that might make me think twice about sleeping with my widow open. This isn't doing it. I rarely read horror though, so I missed the mark on what I felt like getting, which was looking over my shoulder at shadows in the night and nearly pissing my pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.