What Are You Listening To? (September 2020)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
istening, again, to some classic Bird: "Embraceable You" (JATP Live At Carnegie Hall, New York , 1949) performed by (in order) Roy Eldridge, trumpet, Lester Young, tenor, Tommy Turk, trombone, Charlie Parker, alto, Flip Phillips, tenor, with Hank Jones, piano, Ray Brown, bass and Buddy Rich, drums.
Dino- Good Stuff!................. IMO, that's the ultimate play for a dinner date (Old school dark, seedy steakhouse) with the one you love. That song just FLOWS................ bdw

Reactions: dino

Kottan

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2020
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Kottan...left, if memory serves.

I lost the original album cover in 1970. :oops:
Hi prndl,
I still have all my vinyl allbums from Floyd. (Many others I sold because I needed money, today I regret that). I saw Pink Floyd two times live, first in 1969 and then in 1977 perfoming their two latest albums 'Animals' and 'Whish You Were Here'. 'PULSE' (2 DVD) was the last release I bought and I must say their shows became more and more bombastic during the years

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Only saw them once, Kottan. Los Angeles Civic Auditorium in 1974. First set was "Dark Side of the Moon", second set was the newly released "Wish You Were Here". Encore was "Echoes".

Two fun takeaways. First , Waters threw a fit because of a few camera flashes during the first set. The entire audience responded with one big "Fuck You" flashbulb moment. Sometimes, you gotta love L.A.

Second, at the end of the concert, as everyone walked out the doors in silence, there were two huge Klieg lights shining up at ( you guessed it) the full moon.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Crawl out through the fallout, baby, when they drop that bomb
Crawl out through the fallout with the greatest of aplomb
When your white count's getting higher, hurry don't delay
I'll hold you close and kiss those radiation burns away

Status
Not open for further replies.