Lifer
Sep 20, 2019

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
NC01MjcwLmpwZWc.jpeg

Now playing Scorpions - Animal Magnetism
Hard to believe this was able to get airplay on mainstream rock radio stations back in the day.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Yeah, we love our queen!
View attachment 148760Unlike smudger I'm listening to something more traditional to mark the occasion.
I'm not a royalist but I actually don't mind the Queen as she does her job and you don't hear her pontificating like some others in the family.
I can't stand Harry and his Mrs. Lecturing people about climate change while they're taking private jets here, there and everywhere.
His brother is cool because he follows the Queen's example and gets on with the job without making a fuss.
The less said about Andrew the better?.

Did you see some protesters ran out in front of the band as they were marching along? The police did a good job and dragged the silly sods out the way.

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
I'm not a royalist but I actually don't mind the Queen as she does her job and you don't hear her pontificating like some others in the family.
I can't stand Harry and his Mrs. Lecturing people about climate change while they're taking private jets here, there and everywhere.
His brother is cool because he follows the Queen's example and gets on with the job without making a fuss.
The less said about Andrew the better?.

Did you see some protesters ran out in front of the band as they were marching along? The police did a good job and dragged the silly sods out the way.
How many millions of people get on with their jobs without pontificating, and not receiving an RAF display? I am sure the queen worries about the rising cost of gas and electricity impacting her ability to feed her family like the rest of us. God bless her.
On topic, currently listening to

Last edited:

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
"The Man I Love" by Bill Evans and Bob Brookmeyer on pianos (yes, Bob plays piano on this album), Percy Heath on bass and Connie Kay on drums.
Speaking of album covers, I always get a kick out of this one's not so subtle humor; remember, it was released in 1959.