PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Not trying to turn this into a car site. Just Curious. Paid off the 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee on a Friday and it threw a rod on Saturday. Instead of shelling out for a rebuild, decided to get another vehicle. Test drove a little Subaru because they are dependable, get good mileage and have all wheel drive for Indiana winters. It pulled to the left and smelled of oil. I was not happy.

Then I saw it. A 2006 Crown Victoria P71 Interceptor. I've never driven one and immediately fell in love with it. Turns out the dealership handles all the police vehicles for the city of Mishawaka. It corners on a dime and has plenty of pick-up and room. They are asking well below blue book value. I understand they are not in high demand in our area. I couldn't find anything wrong with it. No warning signs at all. We're taking it to our mechanic today and will most likely get a green light on it. So, hopefully at the end of this morning, I'll be driving an old cop car. Still has the spotlight on the driver's side. So, what do you folks drive?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
2004 Toyota Matrix. Looking into getting a new Venza, kids are getting too big for the Matrix.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Winter car.
MDjpqdq.jpg

Summer fun car.
jrSX8Lt.jpg

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Just yesterday got me a 2000 Ford F-150 pick-up with 80,000 miles on it and in fine condition from a neighbor who needed to sell. 5 speed manual with a long bed! Today she gets cleaned royally and then out to raise hail!!! YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW!!
Otherwise, My Majesty drives a 2012 Toyota Rav4 which has turned out to be an excellent drive.
Chase- she used to have a Venza too and really LOVED that... but the kids all growed up and left and we began down-sizing. Her Venza had some sort of dodechahexaphonic sound system with 16 speakers in it... if she was late home from work, I learned to check the driveway in case she was sitting in there listening to some favorite music she just had to get to the end of before turning off the car!!! She is a serious music buff and some of her "songs" last half hours or more! :D

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Daily driver is a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JKU) - 4 door. Wife drives an 05 Honda Element (great dog box).
For fun, I have a 55 Chevy Belair and my wife has a 55 First Series 3100 pickup (um...slightly modified).
I also have 2 Vespa 150 cc Primaveras I use for commuting in the summer.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Subaru Outback. Best car I've ever owned and it rules in winter driving conditions. In fact, if handles better in snow and ice than my Tahoe, Expedition, and Titan ever did and they were all 4wd.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Toyota Tacoma.
I've driven pickups ever since I was old enough to reach the gas pedal. No sense stopping now.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Here again I find myself a kinship with Duane. We drive a 2007 Pontiac Vibe ( same as Matrix ), which I really like and will be sorry to part with someday. Also have a 1997 Dodge Dakota that has very few miles on it as we only use it occasionally.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX.

Aspen Green - 77k Miles. Stainless Works long tube headers & offroad pipes/Borla Catback/P71 Aluminum Driveshaft/80mmMAF/Custom Intake/BBK Throttle Body/Steeda Underdrive Pulleys/J-Mod/MSD Blaster COP's/CHE Control Arms/31 Spline Axles(rear)/3.73 Gears/Detroit Truetrac differential/Privat Kuhl 18x8 Wheels & Yokohama Tires/93 Octane Tune from MPT.
Just last night I got T-Boned by a 19 year old hoosier/UL student.

So...looks like I'll be getting a new passenger side front door, quarter panel, wheel/tire, and a corner light.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I drive a Red 2011 Chevrolet Avalanche. Great driver, 4-wheel drive. Good storage (holds all my gear) and very comfortable for long drives.
It'll have another 1,000 miles on it by the time I get home tonight.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Despite my forever infatuation with cars including the neighbors' Crosley station wagon when I was 3 or 4 years old, I'm stuck in the four-banger econobox mode for life. The "best" car I've owned was my previous last version of the Subaru Legacy station wagon (now they're all sedans) with many bells and whistles. It had much warranty work on the air conditioning, engine fans, and a wheel bearing before it was "good," and an odd halt in its acceleration at about 55 mph, but it was a comfortable and eventually reliable car. When I got to the major repairs, and my wife was often using a wheelchair, and winter was coming on, I traded it for a more simple Mazda 3 hatchback, which has had no warranty work. It's loud but peppy. I've shopped convertibles and Mustangs and others, but I guess this is what I need. I drove manual transmissions for 30 plus years, and never had to replace a clutch. But finally, with all the in-town driving, I decided an automatic made more sense. Sorry to be drab. I drive an XK-E Jag in my dreams.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
2014 Rubicon, 2 door. Replaced my 02 Wrangler after 12 years of dependable service. Standard transmission, arm powered windows, soft top. Low end am/fm CD radio. No frills, as modern Jeeps go. Purchased it because I always intended to add lockers to my 02, but funds, time, and access never seemed to line up. Gets 20 mpg on a good day, but one doesn't buy a Jeep for the mileage. I have a/c and cruise control, since I am spoiled. This is my third Jeep, the first one being a '98 Wrngker with a 4-banger. I don't recommend a 4 cylinder Jeep; it was torquey as hell, but got lousy mileage, maxed out at 65 on the highway, and if there was a headwind the best I could do was 50.

briarfanatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2013
Currently a 2007 Ford Five Hundred AWD. Good for the snow but the CVT transmission died and had to be replaced at 80K. Air Conditioner died at 100K.
Previous car was a 2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX. Got rid of it when the transmission went out at 175K. Air conditioner went out on that one at 100K as well.
Future car may be Hyundai Sonata or Toyota Camry base models.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
Soldchrysler 300 after heart attack. Wife drives2002 Honda Accord four door v8 no repairs Shel

Status
Not open for further replies.