What are You Drinking Tonight? (November, 2019)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a couple of Laphroaigs for our annual work party in the afternoon.

I am now gathering up motivation for another Halloween party in the evening with a cup of hot Darjeeling tea. I don’t have tea more often as I am too lazy to steep the tea. Luckily I had a box of tea bags in the kitchen. Darjeeling tea in bags is not as good as the leaf, but this should pick me up

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Been working on a bottle of Old Grand Dad 114. Not really sold on it, although some people seem to love it. It's got a weird chemical/medicinal finish that I can't get past. I think the OGD bonded is better than the 114, but I'm sticking with Wild Turkey 101. Best bang for the buck.

Reactions: kurtbob and Bengel

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Been working on a bottle of Old Grand Dad 114. Not really sold on it, although some people seem to love it. It's got a weird chemical/medicinal finish that I can't get past. I think the OGD bonded is better than the 114, but I'm sticking with Wild Turkey 101. Best bang for the buck.
Wish our ABC stores had those OGD I'd like to try them. Agree with the Turkey. Get some Rare Breed it is good also.

Reactions: Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
Wish our ABC stores had those OGD I'd like to try them. Agree with the Turkey. Get some Rare Breed it is good also.
Can you find Henry McKenna 10 year BiB where you are? It's fantastic, but seems to be getting WAY overpriced now. Used to be able to grab a bottle for under $30, but it's gotten crazy. It's a single barrel product so while it's always really good, every once in a while you get a bottle that's just magic. The problem is that once you hit one of those bottle you're always chasing the dragon. It's not pretty. The good news is that, if you like Islay scotch, teh price of lagavulin 16 has plummeted for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.