PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
I began drinking beer again after years of never drinking it. I am not a big fan of it but it helps me to piss. I have kidney problems and believe it or not beer helps. My son brings it home and he is on a Modelo run and with a lime it isn't half bad. You all know the saying when it is clear you know it is beer, it makes me piss clear along with a lot of water. The water alone won't do it.

I still will drink my Grey Goose once a week or so when I want to get real buzzed. I have drank Goose forever as I am of Russian heritage and Vodka is my number one drink. I like Vodka Gimlets, Vodka and diet tonic with Lemons or Limes and Vodka and Cranberry.

I love Gin and tonics but Gin gives me a wicked hangover which the Goose never does. Does anyone know of a good Gin that is hangover proof, price is not a big deal.
You might try dandelion root and/or leaf tea for your (p)issue. Anyhow I’m having a gold lager. Tastes great!EE0EC2E4-2D43-4BD7-97C1-11AF6ABABA87.jpeg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Wow not one reply to my Gin search. I guess everyone else gets hangovers from the stuff. I had been a Bombay guy and before that back in the 70's only Tanqueray was drinkable, Mr Boston Gin or Beefeater or Gibley's were bath tub gin.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Wow not one reply to my Gin search. I guess everyone else gets hangovers from the stuff. I had been a Bombay guy and before that back in the 70's only Tanqueray was drinkable, Mr Boston Gin or Beefeater or Gibley's were bath tub gin.

I love a Bombay Martini! I used to drink only Tanqueray back in the 80's, but switched to Bombay in the 90's.

Harris, I don't think they've come up with a hangover proof booze of any variety, but if you figure that out let me know, I'll buy a bottle!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I love a Bombay Martini! I used to drink only Tanqueray back in the 80's, but switched to Bombay in the 90's.

Harris, I don't think they've come up with a hangover proof booze of any variety, but if you figure that out let me know, I'll buy a bottle!
Grey Goose never gives me hangovers which is why I drink it. I am to old for hangovers, I can't take them anymore.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Good evening. I am thinking of biting the bullet, buying a whiskey on Amazon, but I would like to read your opinions regarding this distillate. I have it easy to buy on this damn platform, but I don't know if I will like this whiskey. I don't like weak or boring whiskeys on the palate. (Knob Rye). This one is cheap and easy to get. Thanks guys.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
These are four gins I have open.
I find they work best as a G&T. Nice cooler in the heat.

I love dry martins, but I'm mellow after 2. The 3rd and I'm ready for a nap.

My dry martini recipe:

Fill glass with ice cubes.
Pour in a measure of a dry vermouth - Noilly Prat.
Swirl vermouth and ice cubes thoroughly and discard.
2 measures of gin - preferably London style straight from fridge/freezer.
Garnish with slice of lemon peel.

image.jpg

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Ardbeg 10 neat with a Green Man Porter. Just finished a Guinness Extra Stout and will probably switch back to those as the porter is a little weak for my liking. And it would be Laphroaig 10 if my local ABC stores would keep it in stock. Don't know what is going on with my favorite whisky distillery but it's been hard to find the 10 year old for months.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Having a bowl of Margate at the moment.
The next blend selected is Pembroke. Supposedly the same blend except for a cognac topping

Having a tot of Cognac Delamain Reserve de la Famille.
This 100+ year old cognac was distilled just after WW l and would have been bottled in the late 1970s to very early 1980s
An extremely fragrant, gentle and mellow spirit. Rancio and a full body.
Yummmmm ! 😋image.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
The wedding was fun. No one was dancing initially. “Dancing Queen” by ABBA came on, and I got the party started. Got several compliments by people at the end of the night that they loved watching me dance and was the life of the party. Now we’re back at the Brooklyn apartment having Widow Jane Whiskey Distilled from a Rye Mash, Batch 51, Bottle 784, 45.5% (made in Brooklyn).

IMG_20220925_005830.jpg