PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Just discovered this stuff called Sotol. It is somewhat related to tequila and mescal. It is generally produced in Mexico, but there is a new distillery in Texas. This is a link to their website.

Desert Door Texas Sotol - https://www.desertdoor.com

They provide some cocktails you can make. I have been enjoying the Paloma which is perfect for drinking while watching reruns of Miami Vice.

D6761D43-8B95-4808-8A8A-886FB9302E9A.jpeg

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Just discovered this stuff called Sotol. It is somewhat related to tequila and mescal. It is generally produced in Mexico, but there is a new distillery in Texas. This is a link to their website.

Desert Door Texas Sotol - https://www.desertdoor.com

They provide some cocktails you can make. I have been enjoying the Paloma which is perfect for drinking while watching reruns of Miami Vice.

View attachment 87603
Thanks for posting this - I’ve never heard of Sotol but I’m going to try to buy some tomorrow.

Reactions: cshubhra
First drink tonight is Laphroaig Lore with a Caldwell Cigars The Last Tsar
View attachment 87690
After this … I drank the following

2. Redbreast 12yo Irish Whisky ?- Suggested by a friend from Ireland
3. Aberlour 18yo
4. Bunnahabhain 12yo
5. Gin - The Botanist with a dash of Angostura Orange bitters and a couple of drops of Angostura Aromatic bitters

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
After this … I drank the following

2. Redbreast 12yo Irish Whisky ?- Suggested by a friend from Ireland
3. Aberlour 18yo
4. Bunnahabhain 12yo
5. Gin - The Botanist with a dash of Angostura Orange bitters and a couple of drops of Angostura Aromatic bitters
#4 and #5 are two of my favorites.
Every person I have introduced to Botanist gin has purchased a bottle for themselves - as gin goes it is extraordinary stuff. Bunnahabhain is just awesome - I really enjoy their Toiteach but it can be difficult to find.
Cheers

#4 and #5 are two of my favorites.
Every person I have introduced to Botanist gin has purchased a bottle for themselves - as gin goes it is extraordinary stuff. Bunnahabhain is just awesome - I really enjoy their Toiteach but it can be difficult to find.
Cheers
Yes … I am not a gin drinker but bought this as a recommendation from a pipe friend.
First time I tried Bunnahabain, I felt it was too sweet, but now that I have developed a taste for sweeter scotches, enjoying

Status
Not open for further replies.