PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Had BBQ tonight so it had to be beer while making it and wine when eating it.

WP-20210403-020.jpg

I have not been posting for the last couple of weeks, as I had 3 single malts and 1 bourbon and have been drinking the same every week.

I took a few days spring break this week. Today I got a few more in my drink rotation

One of the members of our pipe club swears by gin. I have not drank gin before (Except an occasional 1 or 2), but I decided to try

So first up and second up today is gin.
1. First one is The Botanist Gin with a generous dash of Angostura Aromatic Bitters
2. Second one is also The Botanist gin - This time with a dash Angostura Orange bitters, a few drops of Angostura Aromatic bitters, a squeeze of lime juice and spicy sweet cucumber ? pickle

I have been drinking a couple every day during this vacation

Day 0 - 4 cans of Coors Light
Day 1 - 2 Laphroaig 10yo with dinner
Day 2 - 2 x Saunf - Rita = An Indian styled Margarita with Tequila, Triple Sec, Anise Liquor, Port, Lemon, Lime - Part of take out dinner from a Indian Restaurant
Day 3 - Soothing the body ache from driving 450 miles - with Laphroaig Cairdeas, Dalwhinnie 15 yo and Aberlour 16yo
Day 4 - Today
93A39539-3103-4286-AD5F-E0D9CCD94DFD.jpeg4647F30C-9E16-463D-A430-64D845DD6C46.jpeg

Third drink tonight - A supposedly premium offering from Old Monk Rum

A little on Old Monk Rum. Old Monk is an iconic Rum blend from India ??. When I was in college, it was one of the cheapest brands of liquor available in India. (it probably still is). Interestingly, it can stand on its own, when placed in the August company of the best Rums in the world. This led to a immense popularity, and an unbelievable fan following.

A lot of Old Monk drinkers eventually moved outside India. To capitalize on this, Old Monk has started exporting all over the world. One such offering caught my eye today. It tastes slightly different from the Old Monk I remember from 20 years ago, but tastes similar with possibly some added complexity. Excellent !

marconi

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2019
England
Hi, Marconi. I bought this one in Aldi too............Aldi and Lidl sells excellent wines. here in Spain.................Its price only of 3,49 euros............Miracles exist...for the time being.......?
Totally agree Aldi/Lidl sells some fine Spanish wines.Recently bought some great Rioja.They also sell Regional wines from Murcia that you do not see elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.