PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Couldn't find a recent cooking thread for this year, so starting one up. We whipped up a batch of chili and tried a new cornbread mix-Famous Dave's. We've eaten countless cornbread mixes over the decades but this stuff is down-right ambrosia, particularly when you drizzle honey butter over the top hot out of the oven. Next day it's even better as the cornbread is suffused with the honey butter. Earlier in the day I made shortbread. Warm out of the oven with sugar sprinkled across the top is another heavenly bit of eating.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I've had Famous Dave's Rib Rub............ That's some good stuff!
As for cooking?............. it was 36 degrees and sunny here today, fired up the grill and cooked a nice Tri-tip steak and 12 Chicken thighs, buffalo style................ I make the the thighs like buffalo wings, taste great but I can only eat 2 of them!..........
When I fire the grill in winter, I tend to load it up and eat the leftovers all week!.............. looking forward to summer...............

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Trying to reduce dependence on corporate stores (even the healthy ones), and do really simple meals with as many ingredients as possible made from scratch. Bread, flour tortillas, refried beans, mayonnaise...these are just a few examples. Going to make a winter minestrone soup tonight, which will be nice when the snow moves in later this week. Goes well with a pasta meal. I sautee shallots, mushrooms, green bell pepper, garlic, oregano and basil, and add it to any pasta sauce. Delish!

Status
Not open for further replies.