PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Wow. That is really interesting that locale can have such a dramatic effect on the tobacco. Good read.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Wonderful article! Years ago I started taste testing new blends in a clean clay. No ghosting . Though clays are getting a bit harder to come by these days!

superdan

Lurker
Sep 28, 2010
greatest line: "so I’ll just wave my hands, attribute it to magic, and move on." lol

colonelmcmuf

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2010
Great read. I learned a lot about things that have been baffling me. Like yearly tastes.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
For me, the subjective component of smoking any blend is the most heavily influenced aspect of the entire experience. I have trouble separating the participants in this event, generally. I have noted that new-to-me locations can influence what I smoke, but as yet haven't found that an appreciation of a new -to-me blend can change much when I get home...
My habit of letting a blend sit in the cellar could have something to do with this, since it is the befits that age brings that I frequently opt for.
Greg has illustrated how the evolving components combine to create the dynamic experience - not unlike the alignment of the planets.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Greg made some good points.
I'm a complete tobacco omnivore. I like everything. The biggest difference between a good smoke and a bad one usually isn't the tobac. Its me.
If I start to smoke and don't get "slowed down" during the prep routine....I end up smoking too fast. Simple agitation ruins the best of tobaccos. :)
I've almost never had a bad smoke on vacation...but at home here on the farm, I need to plan a little.
For example, I discovered I can't do my business' bookwork while smoking. I can't relax enough, so smoking is a wasted endeavour.

Status
Not open for further replies.