PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
hey all sorry I haven't been my usual chatty self...the world has been smacking me around.

My sister just moved back in with my folks, bringing her toddler and infant daughters with her.

My loathed brother in law is soon to be my loathed ex brother, in law after deciding that using a gun as a visual aide was a good way to help his case in an argument with my sister.

My sister is suffering from what appears to be a form of mild PTSD stemming from the secluded and stressful life she lived with two children an unemployed husband and his father.

My father is going in for surgery on Thursday.

I've just spent the last weeks setting up bed rooms at my folks house so my sister and nieces weren't sleeping in my parents living room.

I love my family, I really do. But seriously, I just want to take a day and sit on my couch with my pipe and not do anything.

Well off to build two of these things. I like the plan but what dead language are the directions in?

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Hey josh - sorry for your troubles, but sounds like you're doing a fine job helping out - good on you. Here's wishing your sister and her children get their lives back in order soon.

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
Sorry to hear all that Josh.

Say you need a tool and need to run to the store and spend an hour in a park somewhere to relax and recharge.

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Yes, very important to keep an even pressure. Hang in there... give of yourself, and it comes back.

joshwolftree

On the upside there is a decent B&M near my folks house, with a nice smoking lounge that includes a keurig and pool table in addition to the standard comfy chairs. Plus when I stopped in to grab a few tins on my way up the mountain yesterday, I found out an old friend I haven't seen in years works there now, and some cute hippy girl started flirting with me. Gotta love good karma.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Josh- while I know you are bearing the weight of many worlds on you shoulders you seem to have your head and heart in the right place. Don't feel guilty if you want to enjoy a bowl after helping your sister and nieces. I am the farthest thing from a religious man but Karma is a wonderful thing. May you be rewarded ten-fold for your graciousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.