PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Found a Karl Eric grade a pipe for $25 in the antique shop. No stem, but that's easy to deal with. Hardly smoked by the look of it.keep hunting!

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
I have a jeppeson pipe I'll display it with, I think it's fitting,jeppeson from what I've gathered studied under eric.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
wow, it does look really nice! I like the contrast between the huge bowl and thin shank. Quite pretty :clap: good find!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Lucky find, as you know any of us would have walked away with it, had we got there first.
Super rustic looking, congratulations!

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Very nice, I hope you get a stem fixed up, and get it smoking! For the price it's hard to beat. Gotta love people who see "old pipe" and automatically price it at 10-$30. (unless it's a medico with a hole in the stem and chunk out of the side) Congrats!

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Pipe came back. She's all stemmed up, and about to give her a smoke. Thought I'd share the new stem, since I love my danish pipes.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
Agree, very good. Who did the work on the stem? Was any other work needed?
Norwood's Pipe Repair did the stem. I go through my local tobacconist, but that's who they use, they have a fast turnaround and excellent work. I've had 4 or 5 pipes go through them now.
No other work was needed, I think they original was smoked one time ever, clean as a whistle and no ghosting apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.