PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mephistopheles

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2014
Hello all,
I woke up sometime during 11 AM, took about a 40 minute shower, brushed my teeth, and prepared my hair with some Groom & Clean. I ate some cheesy vegetable soup for breakfast and now I've just finished a small bowl of Angler's Dream that I was given by a friend. I enjoyed the blend in my prince of whales shaped pipe, which is my favorite shape, and watched the rabbits run around by the edge of the woods.
Yesterday was very stressful as my car had died and I had to be at the college by noon to take a statistics test. It took some last minute planning but I got there and I'm hoping I did well. I studied hard and did what I could. Today I feel... Refreshed.
Cheers,

Mephistopheles
*If your morning/day was good share it!

pipebaum81

Nov 23, 2014
Good stuff, Mephistopheles. Little moments seem to be closely contected to pipe smoking. Last night I had a phenominal smoke out here in the desert as the fog roled in off the gulf. This time of year the fog can get rather dense leaving about 20 foot visablity. When I went out to smoke, the fog was coming in so quickly it looked as though I was in close proximity to a massive structure fire. Sitting out there smoking SPC's Mississippi iver watching the whole enviornment transform was a special experience. I am glad you found peace in the wake of a tumultous day.

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
Hey Mephistopheles,

sounds like you earned it. Enjoy the beauty of the world, relax with a pipe, and put all that other crap on the shelf and be happy for the day. I can relate. Smoking a pipe is grounding and helps one be still, focused and relaxed. It seems very organic to being at peace. Education can be very stressful. I was a community college instructor for many years, and I tried to reduce my students' stress which seemed so high with all of the crap they have to worry about. I've seen my own kids go through the Education Meatgrinder, with the stress starting in elementary school all the way through college. Now I have my own small ag business and I get to work outside a lot tending to an orchard and a bee apiary, which is wonderful, but it's still a hustle trying to make money and make ends meet. I'm glad you are taking some time for yourself. You will be happier and more productive for it.
pipebaum81, that's a great image. Sounds very atmospheric.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I can relate. Had a busy stressful week and it has been too cold to smoke. Went down to the B&M for a couple hours. Smoked 2 bowls, both new tobaccos I've been wanting to try and fellowshipped with some other pipe smokers. A relaxing end to a busy week.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
Sounds like a good morning... I woke up about 7 am this morning, now drinking a nice cup of joe and about to indulge in a bowl of VA flake. Packing up the car with the cooler and metal detectors for some detecting today down in an old spanish settlement about an hour south from here... Hope to find some relics! If anything, it will be a great day of pipe smoking and being outdoors. Enjoy your day everyone!

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
Meph, nice post. Good luck with the class.
smeigs, the outdoors, metal detecting and a pipe. Doesn't get any better than that.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It's fecking cold here in NY and next week we have a whole week of cr*p weather. Yesterday I was in my local Jap restaurant hang out and one of the asian dolly birds said to me 'Your not from arounds here?' and this was followed up with 'You speak strangely where are you from?' to which I responded Great Britain. She then bless her little white cotton bobby socks asked me if that was far from NY! :rofl:

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Although I am working a few hours at the cigar shop(and smoking a few bowls as well), I am going home to spend some time with my nephew and enjoy this somewhat warm winter day here in GA.
Had a busy week as well.
Good day Gentleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.