What’s Your Favorite Way to Tote Your Pipe and Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
In a sock a pipe sock not a foot sock. In a pocket. Either a coat pocket or pants pocket or shirt pocket or backpack pocket. I really don't understand why all pipes don't come with the pipe sock. I either use my Brigham leather pouch for tobacco if it's from a jar or the tin the tobacco came in. If I don't have a sock I carry the pipe by hand. Which is easy cause where I work I can keep the pipe in a closet with my coat and other stuff so pretty unlikely to get stolen or damaged.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Ancient oil skin tobacco pouch or just loose plug in my jacket pocket, meerschaum pipe 'de jour' in its case, matches, BIC liter, Plug knife and tamper, pipe cleaners and bits of wire. Everything fits perfectly into one of my many tweed jackets. In Florida I just go with the cotton safari jacket as it has a similar capacity to the British tweed jacket for toting useful crap around!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a beautiful leather tote designed for churchwardens but fine for other pipes, with room for several pipes, two or three blends, pipe cleaners, lights, and pipe tools. However, somewhere along the way, I decided for any kind of travel on public transportation, the best choice to put inside carry-on backpacks or duffles is an inexpensive nylon toilet kit which holds all of the above, which offers minimal temptation for theft, unless someone especially wants my shaving cream and deodorant. As with magic tricks, sometimes a little indirection goes a long way. Also unlike a fine pipe case, it does not look like a pistol case which is catnip to kleptomaniacs.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Pockets and/or gear bags. Also, glove box, console, and dashboard. Always, when flying, one pipe, lighter (if permitted, varies with airline) and two tins in a jacket pocket. Fingers serve as a tamper on layovers/delays and whatever fits for a pipe tool that's handy. I can usually find an area to smoke within walking distance of a terminal. Ask nicely in Ireland airports (Garda or other security. A shield in the pocket will often expedite.) and a couple of other European airports where the military transits) and they will show you where the various troops are taken to smoke, enjoy a bite and a pint. A secret but, a fairly well known one.