PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Now that you can get it in a baggie sample, give the Home and Hearth Midtown series' only English blend a try, Chestnut, some would say an improvement on the discontinued Walnut. A good melding of tobaccos, and if you like it, you can buy it in a tub for a good price.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
I've been focusing on Virginia-based blends for the last couple of years, but have been exploring HU Tobacco's English Blends, like Zulu and Manyara. Amazing quality and balance. They're like the English blends of old.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Come on jpmcwjr, I know you smoke mainly Latakia mixtures (aka English blends).
Tell us your absolute tippy top fave. Inquiring minds and all.... :wink:

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
One English blend I'd smoke every day, all day, is a Dunhill mixture that I acquired from a friend who visited the NYC Dunhill store back around '03 or '04. The blend number is A-10965.
Sadly, I only have a few oz's left and can find no information as to the ingredients. Can't swear to it but it tastes like it has a bit if cigar leaf in it. Be a sad day to see the end of that jar. :crying:

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I have lots of favorites and can't pick just one.
Maltese Falcon

Presbyterian Mixture

Boswell Northwoods
Just to name a few, are some of my favorites. Just depends on what I haven't smoked in a while when I want an English as to which one I go with, but all are fantastic.

P

pipebuddy

I am going through a tin of Rattray's Black Mallory and it has become my favorite English (well, Scottish, rather) blend.

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
I have really enjoyed the various named blends dropped on this thread. While I enjoy Westminster myself, Fusiliers Rations is a close second. I am wondering why this blend gets no love.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Gotta second those who are saying both Nightcap (which may or may not be in production) and Westminster. Both top notch English blends. I'm also gonna add Balkan Supreme - widely appreciated, yet still underrated IMO.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
None.
I tried to come up with one, based on the levels of my tins, but the one I consumed most of it is HGL and I know it's not really my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.