PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I’ve been mostly off the forum until lately because I’ve been so busy at work. If there’s been any threads about this I missed them and my search didn’t turn up any news, so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Mostly, I’d like to know if anyone knows if any changes have been made to the tobaccos that are still available, and if Mark is still overseeing things. I did read that he kept LA Poche, so that’s good news at least.

Reactions: MattRVA

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
They sold out to one of the big companies. They are keeping some blends and not keeping some. That's about all I know.
It wasn't sold to a big company. It's still a sole proprietorship. Most of the catalog is still being made. Some of the lesser sellers, like Picayune, are not.

La Poche was not part of the transaction.

On another note, while I was consolidating some pallets following jaring and bagging up some bulks, I found a couple of jars of dark fired Perique that Mark gifted me a few years back. Gotta figure out what to blend it with.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
It wasn't sold to a big company. It's still a sole proprietorship. Most of the catalog is still being made. Some of the lesser sellers, like Picayune, are not.
So do you know if the remaining blends are “untouched?” I really just want to know if current product is the same quality/recipe the pre-acquisition product.

Reactions: kcghost
Status
Not open for further replies.