PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
I have always loved Condor ready rubbed, the green packet.
I thought the pine, soap flavour was great.
My new pouches have lost a lot of that flavour, are the producers catering to more mass markets? Don’t get me wrong it’s still the best over the counter tobacco.
But does it live up to The Condor Moment?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
There’s another thread lamenting the demise of Condor following the move to Poland to produce the blend.

jiminks downgraded his review and condorlover is suicidal over it.

I’m afraid it’s the end for Condor moments.

• Haha
Reactions: rushx9 and jpmcwjr

pepesdad1

Lifer
Feb 28, 2013
The new long cut is terrible...yes, the Condor Moment is over and done with...unfortunately.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
They ruined Condor. The plug tastes like parrot droppings with the aftertaste of sucking farts out of a Swan. The RR is flacid and cut way too fine with the consistency of RYO tobacco. The topping or sauce has been heavily watered down. The only way to make the plug smokeable is mix it either with Grasmere Flake or Warrior otherwise its totally vile.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
They ruined Condor. The plug tastes like parrot droppings with the aftertaste of sucking farts out of a Swan. The RR is flacid and cut way too fine with the consistency of RYO tobacco. The topping or sauce has been heavily watered down. The only way to make the plug smokeable is mix it either with Grasmere Flake or Warrior otherwise its totally vile.
HAHAHAHAHA!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I have a parrot but, I've never thought of eating her droppings just to compare to a tobacco blend. You're a better man than I am.

The swan farts ... did you just hold 'em up by the wings, close to yer nose, until they pass gas? I bet that left a lot of welts!

I am always at the number of members eating lighter fluid, parrot crap, skunk piss and what have you so as to be able to make great comparisons. Hats off to all of you crap eaters!

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I've just acquired a few pouches of Irish made LC and RR. I'll probably never smoke them but keep them with the knowledge that they're there and that I can have them when I want to. After I'm dead and gone, my kids can give them to someone else to enjoy the same way. Pass it on! ?

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I have a parrot but, I've never thought of eating her droppings just to compare to a tobacco blend. You're a better man than I am.

The swan farts ... did you just hold 'em up by the wings, close to yer nose, until they pass gas? I bet that left a lot of welts!

I am always at the number of members eating lighter fluid, parrot crap, skunk piss and what have you so as to be able to make great comparisons. Hats off to all of you crap eaters!
Warren you are a man after my own heart. That just made me spray coffee all over the computer +100. What's your parrots name?

Reactions: Elric and jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
So, I take it that you don't like it so much.....

Reactions: condorlover1

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Nope. This is the oldest trick in the book - trying to throw us off the trail. I'm not falling for it and just pulled the trigger on 5 pounds.
Want to cost average down on that? I can sell you 5 pounds of giraffe shit and when dried out it will taste better and improve the room note!

Reactions: timt

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Is said giraffe of the Saharan Vintage Tallboy family or are we talking the lesser known Venezuelan Ringnecked Whooping Giraffe family?

Because their turds age differently. Or so I’ve been told.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Never smoked it, but I have certainly heard the legend. People always wonder about sourcing tobacco when a blend moves its workshops and changes its personnel, but the same question hovers over flavorings with aromatics. The recipe is one thing, but the source of the flavoring ingredients is as important. Different? Oh yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.