Westminster vs Maltese Falcon. Taster's Fatigue.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Those who are familiar with both, please contribute.
I get may a bit more sweetness from Westminster and maybe a tad more forward on the orientals from Maltese Falcon.
But, I think it's all in my head, at this point.
Tomorrow, I will switch pipes and try again... hahaha... :crazy: :puffy:
leia-600x337.png

jay-roger.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Wow. I don't know how I missed that "discreet and mysterious spice" line in the sales description.
I don't dislike it as much as the cinnamon in Angler's Dream. (couldn't smoke that at all)
I guess I really don't dislike it. It's more subtle to me, so far. But I definitely notice it now that you've pointed it out.
Additionally, if you just look at the summary on Tobacco Reviews, it lists no flavoring and is listed as an English, it totally sailed under my "non-aro" radar.
As I am a "less is more" kind of guy with tobacco, I'll likely finish the Maltese Falcon and continue on with the Westminster.
Thanks for pointing that out, kola.
jay-roger.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I prefer Maltese over Westminster. But I settled on Gaslight as my preferred blend in that general genre. I stocked up on Gaslight. But I still have lots of Maltese in the big tins aging as well.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Also, I was serious about having to switch pipes and try again.
I initially had the Westminster in my straight latakia pipe, which seems to deliver a full flavor experience. I had the Maltese Falcon in the bent latakia pipe, which I've found to tone down some flavor aspects compared to the straight one. Both Savinelli KS pipes, a Roma 606 and a Bianca 111.
jay-roger.jpg

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
I love Westmimister.
Maltese Falcon I dislike. It has ginger spice of some sort in it and ruins the entire smoke IMO.

I totally agree. I'm a big GLP fan, but really don't like Maltese. I absolutely love Westminster though. Great all day smoke IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.