PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OlrikFan

Lurker
Oct 27, 2019
Here’s a recommendation for those who sometimes have to take a closer look at the wallet when buying tobacco. The red Westgate blend is an English mixture made by McConnell for their Danish importer and is sold with some 15 % off the price of the regular McConnell assortment. At that price I’m quite impressed, having always felt a bit let down by cheaper products. The cut is a bit more crumbly and loose than the “real” McConnells, and the taste and smell might not offer quite the same complexity and depth. As a budget alternative, however, this tobacco is second to none. It has very quickly become my all round everyday mixture. It has a solid yet not dominant base of Virginia and Cavendish and the Latakia attacks fiercely with a hearty share of Perique on the wing. No subtle nuances here. If there ever was a “Men’s Club Tobacco”, this is the one. You really have to love Latakia to be near a lit pipe. But everything is properly cured and fermented. I like it a lot and order it regularly. Price vs quality vs taste: Recommended indeed!

EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.