PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Vegas, baby!
So, who's coming? It should be a good old time, and I hope to see bunches of you folks there.
Las Vegas, soon! 2018 is the weekend of Nov. 9th. Not to late to join the band....

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Update us after the show. Should be a great time. I love to make the rounds at pipe show tables. The late Bob Hayes sold me a pipe at an incredible discount the last time he exhibited at Raleigh. You get a chance to see and handle an incredible number of pipes, about like visiting five or six or more pipe shops, and you learn a lot talking with carvers and attendees. Do some deciding before you attend, so you know what you'd like to buy. Otherwise I want to buy everything I see -- good for the sellers, not so much for me. One year I wanted panels, and panels I got ... but they're still great pipes.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
PLEASE post some great pictures. We live vicariously through you.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I’m arriving Thursday morning and leaving Monday afternoon. I’m looking forward to the long weekend in Vegas. This is the only one stop smoke friendly on the pipe show calendar. 8O

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
If all goes as planned I should be at the hotel mid / late Thursday afternoon and out on Monday. Video camera i n hand. Remember .. what happens in Vegas, just might end up on You Tube. ;)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Look forward to seeing you, Mike and Dave.
Where's da rest of youse bums??
PS Arriving early- as in several days early, and wondered if there is anyone who might bring some sticks and fancy a round of golf and smoking?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'll absolutely be there.
I'm taking Friday off work, so if anyone's in and want to do something Friday during the day just let me know. I live literally a 5 minute drive north of Palace Station.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
We have duplicate threads, so I'll repost this from the other thread:
I'll be there as well. And I'll be bringing along a couple of pipes made by Ken Barnes, trained at Charatan, co-founder of James Upshall, one of the finest cutters of modern times, and a member here.
They are gorgeous, classically shaped pipes continuing the tradition of English straight grains with a bit of Ken's personal spin. If you're at the WCPS and would like to see them, just let me know.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I will be there and am looking forward to it. I always have a vendor's table at that show, so, please drop by and say howdy!
Unfortunately, the West Coast Pipe Show is never a profitable one for me. On Sundays, after the show, my wife takes me to Caesar's and plants me at the Fuentes Cigar Bar with a margarita. She then smiles, takes my credit card and says to enjoy the football game showing on the bar's big screen as she takes off. The longer she's gone the more I drink!

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I'll be there. I'm bringing a couple friends who are newer to pipe smoking with me and meeting up with some guys from pipe club. And, of course, I'm looking forward to reconnecting with old friends and meeting new ones!
The Chicago show rightly gets a lot of attention and I love it . . . but the Vegas show is the most fun.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I'll be there. I'll be in town for my wife's birthday, so I only be there for part of the day Saturday. Still plenty of time to visit the vendor's buy a pipe or two and visit with familiar faces.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Any word if Missouri Meerscahum will be there?
I remember either last year or the year before Phil Morgan was there with a table. I'm curious now that Dan Nemets is working there if he'll be shipped off to us for a table at the show. Would love to sit down with Dan and talk cobs.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I'll be there! :D
In spirit only, however... :crying:
Have a great time, guys. :puffy:

briarblues

Can't Leave
Aug 3, 2017
Good Day All;
For those that attended, we had a great time. For those that did not and would like a little taste of what this pipe show is like..... yesterday I began loading the videos taken at the WCPS. Yesterday we chatted with Leejen from Pipin Ain't Easy, and also the Charatan Collectors meeting. Today is a chat with Steve Fallon ( pipestud ). Tomorrow Brian Levine, and no Brian I did not alter your voice, as much as I wanted to over dib with a Donald Duck voice. Starting Monday the 19 is the show floor part 1 of 3. There will also be chats with Kaz and Shane from smokingpipes.com, Marty Pulvers, Matt Gus, and the complete presentation by Rick Newcombe at the Saturday night dinner. If any of that may interest you, it will be on the Briar Blues You Tube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFWS40j6P7Jm0vQk_Cl4FxQ
Regards

Michael J. Glukler

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
^^^Yippee^^^

I was hoping to see some footage of the criminals pipers at the show. Thanks Michael.

Status
Not open for further replies.