PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

unadoptedlamp

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 19, 2014
sala-s%C3%A3o-paulo-Rubens-Chirri.jpg
Off to the Sala São Paulo this weekend. Usually a good time there. Old train station converted to a music venue. Pity you can't smoke a pipe in there, but oh well...

Enjoy your date! Gunhild Carling should be a great show!

Merton

Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Anytime and anywhere that you can enjoy music which moves, challenges, enthralls or soothes you is great. Hope you love the experience. I keep a radio on each day in my office tuned to the local Classical station. I appreciate a wide variety of music but find that classical is most appropriate at work. Just today, i took a break for a few moments to close my eyes and be inspired by Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue. Just phenomenal. I also listened over my computer to The Jackie Gleason Orchestra's version of " days of wine and roses" (saul fans know it). Really spectacular.

Last edited:

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
No concerts in the immediate future, but for inspiration, this was just a few weeks ago! Amazing evening!

View attachment 142660

Yeah Elton John is one of the old guys we're seeing over the next few months. Ringo (who will turn 82 in July) and Paul (who turns 80 in June) are two others. Just think: if they were Dunhills they'd be highly sought after as examples of scarce wartime production.

Last edited:

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I wish you better luck than i had, last month was suppose to go to Rockville in Daytona, massive 4 festival with headliners KISS, G&R, and Foo Fighters (fav band) closing it out. Only really was going for Foo, best friend from cigar world was flying in for the last 2 nights, girl i was very fond coming in from Arkansas, was going to be an amazing weekend if cigars, music and friends.

you know the saying “if you want to make god laugh just tell him you plans”?

Taylor Hawkins ODs a couple weeks before the show so Foo pull out, one of my good cigar buddies in Daytona that was going to host us to passed away in a freak accident 3 hours after i got off the phone with him, had an odd argument with the girl and we no longer speak and i got cOviD in Texas at a cigar herf. Literally all within a few days of the concert.

There were bright sides, the girl was a “victim” and incredibly toxic to me because i cared about her so took the brunt of her “woo is me” and her complaining and crying. I also bought the ticket insurance for the concert, had a cigar buddy that is a doctor fill out the claim form saying i had cOviD (which i did but didn’t go to the doc) and he told me not to go to the show, so I’m getting the $800 in ticket money back. What a horrible couple weeks. ?

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Hoping it was a great show!................. It's been about 12 years since I've seen him............
That "rough and Rowdy Ways" album has been growing on me.............
If he comes anywhere near anyone one, GO! I don’t think I have words right now to describe, his were enough. Rough and Rowdy Ways may be his best, which I have said about many of his albums, but such is his genius. Walked by the buses and wished him Godspeed?
133B9FB7-9B1B-4049-BEEE-E26999BFE30E.jpeg

Reactions: brian64

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
If he comes anywhere near anyone one, GO! I don’t think I have words right now to describe, his were enough. Rough and Rowdy Ways may be his best, which I have said about many of his albums, but such is his genius. Walked by the buses and wished him Godspeed?
View attachment 153945
Glad to hear it went so well...and I agree R&RW is really good...probably at least his best since Time Out of Mind...especially with the epic JFK track included.

Reactions: Bengel

timelord

Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
Not been to any concerts since Mrs T got Bells Palsy; she's over the worst of it but has been left with Tinnitus so can't enjoy music (or TV). Last one we went to was the Manly Jazz Festival in Manly NSW 2019. Three days with 6 stages scattered around the town; main stage on the beach front. Lots of Aussie and local bands - including some extremely good local school Big Bands and a few bands from around the world (US, Brazil, Africa and Colombia that year)...

...and it's Free!

Other than that most recent were a classical concert at the Sydney Opera House. Managed to catch Leonard Cohen in London on his huge world tour in what seems a life time ago. I've seen Dylan a few times and have never been disappointed.

Reactions: Bengel