Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
A couple of weeks ago my neighbor asked if I wanted to go to a gun show. I hadn't been to a gun show in over 30 years, so I said why not? I know there's some controversy about buying guns at shows now more than before, but here in Mississippi it seemed like business as usual. Now you see more military type guns, but still some good old regular guns, you know, for hunting animals.

Whatever, I wasn't there to buy anything in particular, but I came across one table that had some pipes in a pipe rack for sale. Most were of little interest to me, but the one that caught my eye was a Savinelli Dry System. I've never had one of these, but for $20 decided to give it a try. It wasn't really a bent pipe like most of them, and needed some serious cleaning. Came out pretty good, and I was surprised that I liked their P-lip better than Petersons. I little thicker and has a slot rather than a hole. Because it was a straight pipe and didn't seem to have a "well" like the bent pipes do, I decided to use a 6mm balsa filter. I'm not much of a filter guy, but once in a while I'll use one of Savinelli's balsa filters in a 9mm pipe, but seldom in a 6mm pipe. Darn thing smoked pretty good! Might hang on to it for a while.

Anyone else have one of these pipes, and what are your thoughts on it?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Serendipity for sure. Looks like a fine pipe and it cleaned up nicely. I'd just leave the filter out or (if you want a little tighter draw) use the adaptor. SP and others have 'em.

Reactions: agnosticpipe

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yup, the gun shows are now better than ever (in most states) thanks to the rising popularity of firearms. I love the firearms renaissance we are currently experiencing. So much out there, so little money.
actually it's kind of funny. Less people own guns then ever, but the people that own guns own more. The other part you'd never believe if you watch the news is how nearly evenly split between political parties that ownership is. It's becoming more of a collectors type thing. I think personally people have less practical reasons to own a gun, but they're still really fun (Only met one person who didn't find the range fun, and well their personal experiences would have had that effect on anyone).

I had two billiard Sav Drys just like that. I traded one in our Pipe Club's Christmas Ugly Pipe trade. The other I keep in my tractor. They smoke very good, and the only reason I traded the one off, was because it was a smooth finish and weighed like 5 oz. It was like keeping a crowbar balanced in my teeth. The one I kept was a more manageable weight. I also have four other of the Sav Drys, but they are bent pipes.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Ha,haa, as far as Gun shows go,as many of you may already know,Gun shows are becoming a rare event in the whole EU,and definitely there are no pipes to be found, this state of affairs clearly speaks for itself,the main aim is make European continent ,not great again but instead to become tobacco and gun free zone till the year of 2035,,

Status
Not open for further replies.